in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Wanted Rare Jack Cole in Western Killers 61

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Wanted Rare Jack Cole in Western Killers 61  (Read 1772 times)

colescomics

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: colescomics
message icon
Wanted Rare Jack Cole in Western Killers 61
« on: December 30, 2009, 01:07:10 AM »

If anyone has scans of this rare Fox job Jack Cole did near the end of hsi comic book career, I'd be very greatful. My blog studying Jack Cole's work would benefit greatly!

- Paul Tumey www.colescomics.blogspot.com
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Wanted Rare Jack Cole in Western Killers 61
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 10:57:11 PM »

Hi CC,
JVJ-Jim here does have that book on his available for scanning list but I couldn't tell you when it might be requested.  But we will keep it in mind the next time a box of Fox books are being picked out.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

colescomics

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: colescomics
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 08:22:14 PM »

Thanks Jim for checking. That is exciting to hear! I am currently writing a book about the last stories of Jack Cole and this is a key story I am missing. I may someday have to bite the bullet and shell out the $50-$100 to get an issue. I suspect Cole may have had work in additional issues around this number as well. As far as I can tell there are no scans of this title available at all, so it would be a service to get some in circulation. Thank you for working on this project. I really appreciate the fine scans of comic books I would otherwise never get a chance to read!
ip icon Logged

paultumey

message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 11:09:25 PM »

By the way... I finally bought Western Killers 61 (before you guys scanned it) - the story in it is definitely NOT by Jack Cole. I shared the story with several experts and we all agree - not Cole. Dunno WHO did that crazy wild story, but it's not by Jack Cole. The people who sell this comic on ebay touting it as having rare Jack Cole art are wrong. Thanks for everything you do, guys.... I loves ya!- Paul Tumey
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.