in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,818 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Problem with website being down?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Problem with website being down?  (Read 1711 times)

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Problem with website being down?
« on: January 13, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »

I tried logging in all last night from home - between 8pm and 12:30am EST and got the "Server not Found" message from Firefox. I also tried Internet Explorer and got the same message. I tried again this morning and had the same problem. As soon as I got to work, I tried and it works okay. I'm hoping that it was a problem with the website and not my home internet, although other sites I went to worked fine. So was the server down for a few hours recently? If not, has anyone had problems getting here from one computer and not another?

Thanks,
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
Re: Problem with website being down?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »

There are continuing problems that I hear should be resolved soon-ish.  I know a tiny bit more, but some is too technical to be interesting and for the rest, it's not my place to make an official announcement, especially where I don't know the entire story.

Heh.  But that doesn't say anything about your Internet connection...

(Generally, "server not found" is only your problem when it's many sites.)
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 04:27:01 PM »

Okay, gotcha. I was just terrified that this site was down permanent-like. I looked for other sites of it's ilk but there are no sites at all that are like this one. Just pale imitations.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 05:30:22 PM »

Hi A,
We were offline about 11 of the last 14 days.  Your home PC wasn't at fault.  Essentially the internet's 'gps' wasn't pointing to the proper address.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.