in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,837 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Lance O'Casey

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Lance O'Casey  (Read 2109 times)

kozmo

message icon
Lance O'Casey
« on: January 22, 2010, 02:41:38 AM »

Have any of the solo issues of Lance O'Casey ever been scanned? I don't know that I've ever seen them anywhere.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Lance O'Casey
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 06:50:25 AM »

Hi kozmo,
AFAIK, no issue of Lance has been scanned yet.  I've only seen the covers myself.

If anyone has some to share Please Do!
:)
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 03:11:02 AM »

Did you know DC Comics actually got around to using Lance O'Casey? The character appears briefly in an issue of POWER OF SHAZAM! in the 1990's - Jerry Ordway's best work at the time. (His recent run on Justice Society was good.)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 03:32:18 AM »

They gotta keep that trademark alive
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 08:45:29 AM »

Not sure if it was for trademark purposes or just an "easter egg" Jerry Ordway threw in. :)
ip icon Logged

kozmo

message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 06:21:57 PM »

if there wasn't a logo on the cover or anywhere else, I'm not sure that there is a trademark being preserved!  I would guess Easter Egg on Ordway's part.  I think I even vaguely remember that cameo appearance now that you mention it. I need to go back and re-read those Ordway Shazam issues sometime.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 08:47:29 PM »

if there wasn't a logo on the cover or anywhere else, I'm not sure that there is a trademark being preserved!  I would guess Easter Egg on Ordway's part.  I think I even vaguely remember that cameo appearance now that you mention it. I need to go back and re-read those Ordway Shazam issues sometime.

One aspect I find amazing about characters from the Golden Age, is that so many were stars with high sales figures and hoopla. Lance O'Casey was a star -- now, not so much.

Bill Black (AC Comics) reprinted some of his adventures, right? Didn't Charlton print some of the backlog in the 1950s like they did with Crime Smasher?

I need a comics historian -- STAT!!!  ;D ;D ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 06:01:43 AM »

One aspect I find amazing about characters from the Golden Age, is that so many were stars with high sales figures and hoopla. Lance O'Casey was a star -- now, not so much.

Bill Black (AC Comics) reprinted some of his adventures, right? Didn't Charlton print some of the backlog in the 1950s like they did with Crime Smasher?

I need a comics historian -- STAT!!!  ;D ;D ;D

B.

Lance O'Casey appears in Charlton's DANGER AND ADVENTURE :)

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.