in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Manga Caf

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Manga Caf  (Read 2186 times)

Andrew999

message icon
Manga Caf
« on: April 15, 2020, 08:18:59 AM »

Spare a thought for the denizens of Tokyo's manga caf
ip icon Logged

BlackCat

message icon
Re: Manga Caf
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 05:58:10 PM »

I did not know about this. If you have a link to the relevant story, or an update on the situation, then please post them.
ip icon Logged

BlackCat

message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 09:08:00 PM »

It sounds like a very good way to stay cheaply in Tokyo. And the manga looks interesting too. It would also be great to visit some of the big manga shops in Tokyo. I believe there is an area of the city where you can.

The links you provided were very useful and informative. The only one that didn't work was the last one (yelp.com) but by the time I reached it I already had enough information.

I read manga. I recently bought three new volumes of One-Punch Man. And as coincidence would have it, today I bought the big Taschen volume on Manga from a charity bookshop for a very low price. It lists many of the influential mangaka from around 1950 to 2004, when the book was published, along with brief biographies of each and examples of their work. It's very good:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/4887832729/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i0

« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 02:29:30 PM by BlackCat »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 03:45:49 PM »

Thanks for the information Andrew.  I'd never heard of Manga cafes.
I'm not a big manga fan, but like BlackCat, I follow One Punch Man.  Been there from the start of the collected editions.  It's fun, funny, daft at times, really well illustrated, imaginative monsters and, of course, Saitama, who wanders through the ongoing story often not quite sure what's going on.
Apart from that, the only other series I follow is the Sherlock adaptations.
ip icon Logged

BlackCat

message icon
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 09:49:07 PM »

...I follow One Punch Man.  Been there from the start of the collected editions.  It's fun, funny, daft at times, really well illustrated, imaginative monsters and, of course, Saitama, who wanders through the ongoing story often not quite sure what's going on.

In the light of paw broon's remark about Saitama, here is a piece by Yusuke Murata, the artist of One-Punch Man:

https://get.wallhere.com/photo/One-Punch-Man-Yusuke-Murata-Saitama-Genos-illustration-1200423.jpg

....^^
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.