in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,818 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Usercp not resetting

Pages: [1] 2

topic icon Author Topic: Usercp not resetting  (Read 8105 times)

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Usercp not resetting
« on: February 25, 2010, 05:37:20 AM »

My download limits don't seem to reset each day. Right now it shows;

Remaining bandwidth:     9.14 MB remaining
Bandwidth time remaining:    0 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes
Files remaining:    5 files remaining
Files time remaining:    0 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes

I logged out and back in and checked my usercp and it's still showing as above. Is this a continuing problem with all the things that have been going on or is it just me?
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Usercp not resetting
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 06:30:24 AM »

It's everyone that is not a VIP or staff member Astaldo.

Right now the only fix I can say for sure will help you is either find 5 books not on the site already (that are PD) and upload them or make a donation down the road when we have set things up for that.  Then you would be a VIP member and have no limits.
I hate to even mention these as it sounds like we are trying to manipulate people into donations and that's just not the case.
The software is frankly pretty screwed up, it has been since day one but until Dec we didn't have any bandwidth limits so everyone was essentially a VIP and could download as much as the want.  We were sharing about 1TB a month!  Today that can't happen anymore.  We have to have some limits to keep the site as-is.

I will manually reset you now but I expect this will happen again tomorrow.
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 11:44:37 AM »

I don't have any books to download and everything on the internet you probably have here already. I want to see if it's feasible to make a donation. I can't afford to do a recurring one but maybe a one time of $10 in the future. Don't be concerned about sound like you're soliciting money. I know how much hard work is put into this site so I don't mind donating if I can.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 10:55:25 PM »

Thanks Astaldo,
The auto-renew bandwidth feature is fubar.  So one of the staff (me mostly) has to renew each user group (the five non-VIP groups) manually every 24hrs until a fix can be figured.  It's not hard to do it's just remembering to do it.  So much for computer efficiencies!  *sigh*

We will be needing more help with covering bills so any donations are most welcome - we just have to sort that out on the site so the 'donate' links point to the proper address.  I'm not a web designer so it's going to take some time.

Thanks for your patience and if you see you aren't renewing again just send me a Private Message and I'll get on it asap.
:)

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

radams36

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: radams36
message icon
Re: Usercp not resetting and Phantom Lady problems
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 05:50:31 AM »

I am having the same problem as Astaldo, my limits are not resetting after the timer reaches zero.

I don't know if anyone else has the same problem as this, but I also can't get the archives to open for Phantom Lady #'s 15 and 21 . CBR reports that both are not valid archives. I've tried re dl'ing with no change.

Thanks very much for hosting the site!

Richard
ip icon Logged

radams36

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: radams36
message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 06:12:10 PM »

Problem now solved - my thanks!
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 05:52:04 PM »

So who do I notify if my Usercp doesn't reset since Yoc is in limbo? I think I'm supposed to be VIP now as I uploaded 11 books. I just don't know who handles that.
ip icon Logged

drg1138

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: drg1138
message icon
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 05:55:31 PM »

I just signed up.  Replied to the verification e-mail and I can not download anything.

I tried the UserCP reset fix but that did not work.

Any help would be, well...Helpful.

Thanks
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 01:22:36 AM »

Just wondering if anyone can reset me. It was supposed to reset some time this morning.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 01:43:25 AM »

You are now reset sir. You had files left but not enough bandwidth to get any. Hopefully Janus will get you upped to vip when he gets back. Did you email him with your uploads. He requested everyone not yet vip to do that so he could see if you can be made vips
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 01:54:24 AM »

Thanks Narf. Yes, I actually emailed him and sent him a PM as my email doesn't always seem to work.
ip icon Logged

ed2010

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: ed2010
message icon
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 02:25:36 AM »

Hi everyone, I am a new user, and seem to be in the same boat. I cannot reset the UserCP to allow me to download, it says
Reset limits is off. When either of your limits reach zero you will not be allowed to download any more filesReset limits is off. When either of your limits reach zero you will not be allowed to download any more files
*sigh*
any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 03:48:03 AM »

Ed you now have your newbie limit of 20 downloads a month enjoy
ip icon Logged

ed2010

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: ed2010
message icon
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 04:27:57 AM »

Many thanks!  Looking forward to meeting everyone in the forums!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 11:20:54 AM »

And we are looking forward to your participation ed. That is the reason for the limit on newbies to encourage posting and community so you can get upgraded.
ip icon Logged

atomicsteve

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: atomicsteve
message icon
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 12:23:49 PM »

Personally, I think this site is worth every penny of a $10 a month donation.  I can hardly wait for the opportunity to support it it financially. Look at a site like Wikipedia, which is almost completely funded by donations.  It performs a valuable public service, and is supported by users.  This site and the people who work so hard to maintain it are doing fantastic work, and need to be commended and thanked for their efforts.  They are literally freeing comics from plastic tombs and saving art from the ravages of time.  This is the work of heroes.

I love this site and will do all I can to support it.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 01:47:09 PM »

Now that's the just the kind of attitude I like to see! Huzzah! ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 04:04:30 PM »

I think allowing people to remain newbies and get their 20 books a month is fine. And I think enough donations to run the site will come in from those who miss their unlimitied downloads. Or they may add scans. I spend a lot of money buying books just to scan and put here. Just spent $15 for a ALL PICTURE Big Little Book of draftie in the US Army that I will get up eventually. And i bought it mainly to put here.
ip icon Logged

DOC

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »

I just now seem to be having reseting issue:
Reset limits is off. When either of your limits reach zero you will not be allowed to download any more files.
Remaining bandwidth:    13.45 MB remaining
Bandwidth time remaining:    0 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes
Files remaining:    11 files remaining
Files time remaining:    0 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes
I was able to download one book after many refreshings, but now it's not helping on a 2nd book.
As far as donating as you seem to have most of the books, can we donate money instead?
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 03:27:32 PM »

The software that resets limits is not always reliable. Once money can be donated, an announcement will be made.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 02:04:45 AM »

I increased your bandwidth and files doc
ip icon Logged

sandiaugie

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: sandiaugie
message icon
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 02:27:48 AM »

I am a new user, and seem to be in the same boat. I cannot reset the UserCP to allow me to download, it says
Reset limits is off. When either of your limits reach zero you will not be allowed to download any more files.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 02:34:32 AM »

You have your 20 books now sandi
ip icon Logged

sandiaugie

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: sandiaugie
message icon
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 02:35:46 AM »

ip icon Logged

madelf

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: madelf
message icon
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 03:19:10 AM »

I don't know if I'd be considered a newbie or not. I've been signed up for awhile, but haven't been around much. I don't believe I've downloaded 20 books in all the time I've been here, but my files and bandwidth are both showing zero.

If I could get one of those manual resets I would appreciate it greatly.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1] 2

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.