in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello from Germany :-)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello from Germany :-)  (Read 810 times)

ComicMike

message icon
Hello from Germany :-)
« on: June 30, 2020, 10:03:24 AM »

**Sorry For My English**  :-[

Hello Comicfriends  :) ,

I love comic, have a sense of humor and I live in Germany, hence my name here: comickraut - hahaha  ;D

Some time ago, I got "Whiz Comics No. 2" from a friend and was absolutely thrilled with the Capt. Marvel story. The story and the drawings look absolutely modern, that's fascinating. I started looking for more old comics and so I discovered 'Comic Book +'. I love this old comic, it is wonderful to read it and I think, it is also an important piece of contemporary history and the advertising in the magazines is very amusing.  :D

Unfortunately my English is not very good, but I understand about 60-70% of the text and the rest of the story is told by the pictures.  ;)

I am happy, that I am here and I am also looking forward to many wonderful comics from the 'Golden Age'.  :)

Friendly Greetings

comickraut

(Mike)
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hello from Germany :-)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 10:55:27 AM »

Willkommen Mike.  Dein Englisch ist viel besser als mein Deutsch.
No need to apologise.  Glad you found your way here and I'm sure you'll find a lot to enjoy.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 12:17:00 PM »

I agree.
Welcome Mike. and also 'Dein Englisch ist viel besser als mein Deutsch' I learned a little Deutsch at school but that was a long time ago.

You will find a lot to enjoy here!
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 05:42:49 PM »

Herzlich willkommen!

Hier gibt es viel zu genie
ip icon Logged

Florian R. Guillon

message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 09:57:35 PM »

Willkommen!

Unfortunately, I've never been able to converse in German, although I'd like to re-learn the language sometime. because - hey, we're neighbours! (ich bin Franz
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 06:00:29 PM »

@

paw broon
The Australian Panther
Andrew999
Florian R. Guillon

Thank you very much for the friendly welcome.  :)
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 01:34:04 AM »

Willkommen in unserem Forum, Comickraut! Mach dir keine Sorgen!  Ihr Englisch ist ziemlich gut!

Ich bin sicher, Sie werden es genie
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 01:36:41 AM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 01:45:06 PM »

While my Grandfather came to the USA from Germany right after WW I nothing of the language was passed on. Hope you enjoy all the goodies here. You can check out our German language section and hopefully come across some comics you can scan and share
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 07:53:36 PM »

@Robb K
@narfstar

Thank you very much.  :)

BTW

I have a good friend, who helps me English learning, his name is 'Google Translator' :D. He helps me, when I don't know, how to translate words ;) and I hat a letter girlfriend in the netherlands and she wrotes in english with me, and so I learn english from her.

I live in the near of the danish border, to my left is the North Sea and to my right is the Baltic Sea, it is a nice place.

Sorry, but unfortunely, I have no old Comic to scan, a few years ago, I had to sell a lot of my comics (I needed money) and now, I only have comics, that are not in the public domain.
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2021, 09:08:09 AM »

Hello comic friends. :)

In my life, I have currently making some changes - positive ones :) - which is why I don't have much time in the near future.

So at this point, I say 'bye', but I will be back to the gang in the next year.

I wish us all a nice rest of the year 2021 and a good start in a fantastic 2022, to the year of 'Soylent Green' ...  :o ;D

Mike  8)
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2021, 10:47:08 AM »

You and your cheerfulness will be missed.
I'm glad your changes are positive ones.

Cheers!
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2021, 04:31:09 PM »

Hello comic friends. :)

In my life, I have currently making some changes - positive ones :) - which is why I don't have much time in the near future.

So at this point, I say 'bye', but I will be back to the gang in the next year.

I wish us all a nice rest of the year 2021 and a good start in a fantastic 2022, to the year of 'Soylent Green' ...  :o ;D

Mike  8)

Best of luck with your endevours, Comickraut.  We look forward to your return.  :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.