in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Good to be here- I donated- will that allow me to download?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Good to be here- I donated- will that allow me to download?  (Read 1929 times)

jeffcannell

• VIP
message icon
Good to be here- I donated- will that allow me to download?
« on: March 10, 2010, 06:18:11 AM »

:)

I'm Jeff Cannell.

I really look forward to reading the Lev Gleason titles as well as the Famous Funnies Jingle Jangle series.

Cheers,

Jeff
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Good to be here- I donated- will that allow me to download?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:58:23 AM »

:)

I'm Jeff Cannell.

I really look forward to reading the Lev Gleason titles as well as the Famous Funnies Jingle Jangle series.

Cheers,

Jeff

You donated scan(s) or cash? Hopefully it was a scan because the site is screaming in a red-yellow banner: "Please Do NOT Donate for Now!"   ???

B.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 10:40:41 AM »

Welcome aboard Jeff. Best try and stop payment if that's what you did. It won't be used for any nefarious purposes but it WILL go to the previous owner.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 11:12:53 AM »

Jeff I set you up with this months 20
ip icon Logged

Homeway

message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 07:51:05 PM »

Hi Narfstar & other old timers,

I'm a newbie on this new version of the site too... a reader/collector of comics for close to 50 years now (which amazes me just to think about it).
Visited here a few times under the last administration, but only just today with the resurrected site. THANK YOU for bringing it back! It was painful to see it disappear a while back.

I was hoping to download specifically some of the Peter Wheat files, but it looks like I'm unable to get to anything.... and I can't seem to spot the "rules" on this... So I wanted to ask: What is the new procedure regarding newbie downloading? I would be glad to donate, but I see there are issues with that right now and that is not the way to go. Is it a matter of posting on the forums regularly? Or uploading scans? Or...?

Hoping to be a good scout and join in!

Jim E aka Homeway
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:54:38 PM by Homeway »
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 08:05:27 PM »

Newbies are limited to 20 downloads a month. Once you've contributed enough to the forums and are upgraded to Jr or full member, your download will be reset daily. If you can contribute some books that are PD and not on the site, that will give you VIP status and unlimited downloads.
ip icon Logged

Homeway

message icon
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »

Thanks Astaldo, I appreciate the reply... just wanted to know for certain what the "hoops" are before I attempt to jump through them.  :)  These are reasonable enough.

I can surely post, but not sure what titles (if any) I might have that are definitely PD. I'll explore the forums a bit further, I suspect there is a list on here somewhere of publishers and titles.

Jim E aka Homeway
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »

You are set up for this month's 20 downloads Home. Just check down the main page of the site for all the OK companies and titles. Mostly by company but if you check withing say Dell you find some not acceptible.
ip icon Logged

Homeway

message icon
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 09:22:33 PM »

I thank thee, Narfstar!

Homeway
ip icon Logged

jeffcannell

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 12:57:49 AM »

upload attempt failed again- how do I ftp??
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.