in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,806 books
 New: 184 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

What is the procedure on new comics/pulps?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: What is the procedure on new comics/pulps?  (Read 388 times)

JuliantheUnknown

message icon
What is the procedure on new comics/pulps?
« on: September 04, 2020, 05:53:27 AM »

I have recently come into possession of three new pulp magazines that are public domain by my accounting.

They are Amazing Stories Volume 13 Issue 5 (published May 1939), Fantastic Adventures Volume 6 Issue 3 (published June 1944), and Fantastic Adventures Volume 10 Issue 5 (published May 1948).

I've done some preliminary research and they do appear to be public domain. However, the Amazing Stories contains one Isaac Asimov story that is still copyrighted but the other two appear to be completely in the public domain.

From a glance, it does not appear that the archive possesses any of these comics and thus - though I do not have scanning machines and cannot make any promises - it appears that I possess pulp magazines in the pd that could be uploaded. I was wondering first what the protocol was for this and how I would go about digitizing them.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.