in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Police Comics #9

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Police Comics #9  (Read 3438 times)

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
Police Comics #9
« on: March 17, 2010, 07:33:57 PM »

This is just getting silly :)

Downloaded POLICE COMICS #9 - it's marked as a .zip file, but when I try to extract it, it says it's invaled or corupted! Extention reads as .zip
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Police Comics #9
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 07:35:43 PM »

Downloaded POLICE COMICS #9 - it's marked as a .zip file, but when I try to extract it, it says it's invaled or corupted! Extention reads as .zip

I think you are cursed.  ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:16:31 PM »

Denny do you have your computer set to not show extensions? You need to show extensions. I downloaded P9 and changed the zip to cbz and it opened in cdisplay fine
ip icon Logged

Snard

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:21:13 PM »

I think you are cursed.  ;D

I'm coming into this conversation late, so maybe someone else has already suggested this; but I often encounter .cbz or .zip files that give me this sort of error when I try to extract them. 99.9% of the time, if I change the extension to .cbr or .rar, it will then extract fine.

Basically the problem is that somewhere along the line, the file was given the wrong extension. Some file viewer programs will probably handle the file fine, but others will choke on the file if it has an incorrect extension.

Denny, please let me know if this fixes your issue with Police #9
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 04:40:31 AM »

Denny do you have your computer set to not show extensions? You need to show extensions. I downloaded P9 and changed the zip to cbz and it opened in cdisplay fine

yes,I have it show extentions.

Changed to .cbz wouldn't open,chanced to .cbr, wouldn't open,changed to .rar woulsn't open either!

ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 04:48:07 AM »

I just downloaded it and it's a zip file and inside is a folder and inside the folder are the jpeg files. I selected all the jpeg files and added them all to an archive - Police_Comics_009.rar and then changed the extension to .cbr and it opened.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:02:38 AM »

I just downloaded it and it's a zip file and inside is a folder and inside the folder are the jpeg files. I selected all the jpeg files and added them all to an archive - Police_Comics_009.rar and then changed the extension to .cbr and it opened.

It won't let me into the file to explore saying it's invalid or corrupted! This is really odd.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 09:47:36 AM »

What program are are you using? I have winrar.
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 10:21:48 AM »

Whatever program comes standard with windows XP (extraction wizard).

Had the same problem with another zip file, HIT COMICS #39!

I've checked other .zip files (software) I've downloaded recently from other sites and they open fine,so
I'm not sure what the problem is. My older zip fiels are opening ok.

ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »

I've never used that for any length of time. Try winrar, winzip, izarc. I use winrar and it works fine for me.
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »

I tried winraw - still shows the files as corupt and won't open them. they are in there - they just won't come out!

For some reason they are not downloading right for me! Never had this problem before.

What a way to spend a night of insomina! :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 01:45:55 AM »

I use peazip. I do not understand if it has the zip extension why any zip program would not open it fine
ip icon Logged

bakerman3

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bakerman3
message icon
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 02:30:20 AM »

Denny, I proposed a solution in your other thread "My Crazy Issues..."

Also, if you look in my thread "Are All FREDDYFLY scans damaged?"  you will see a list of tons of other problematic downloads (mostly from Fiction House and Fawcett).

Anyway, try using the solution in the FREDDYFLY thread even if your problem scans are NOT Freddyfly's and see if it works.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.