in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

25 New and All Free Vintage Art Books just added to TVIA Library!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: 25 New and All Free Vintage Art Books just added to TVIA Library!  (Read 2422 times)

The Ghost Man

Greetings all, thanks to a great and mysterious benefactor who resides here, I've added 25 new vintage art instruction books to The Vintage Inkwell Academy (TVIA) Library. These classic tomes are filled with extremely rare and valuable teachings and knowledge to help you become the very best artist possible. You have questions that have plagued and confused you during your art training regimen? Then seek no more, I assure you the answer will can be discovered in one of the nearly one hundred books currently available in the TVIA Library. You want the edge up on your peer artists then go to the Library and uncover it's secrets to hone your skills. It matters not your skill level as I have curated the books there to accommodate anyone, from student to professional artist.

https://tvia.ingenuityserials.com/the-vintage-inkwell-library

ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: 25 New and All Free Vintage Art Books just added to TVIA Library!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 11:49:02 PM »

Wow! This is a great resource! TVIA has come a long way in a short time. Impressive!
Lets hope you get many takers who will use these resources!

Cheers!   
ip icon Logged

The Ghost Man

message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 02:47:42 AM »

Thank you AP, that is my hope and exactly why I built it and it will ever remain a free academic resource for developing artists. In the course of my own studies, I struggled greatly to seek out and discover the knowledge, tools and instruction required to elevate my own illustrative studies. So, when I had the opportunity, I decided to make things easier for others arriving in the same boat. I endeavoured to do the heavy lifting necessary to create and organize what I found and keep uncovering, into one central repository and create a space for artistic discussion.

As ridiculous as it may sound, I'm tilling and fertilising the soil so that perhaps it spawns a new generation of talented illustrators, who in turn produce exciting, creative and emotive content. A return to that inspired, organic centre that produced so many phenomenal works of the past.

Why does everyone come here and to DCM if not to revisit this excitement, discover new, extraordinary talent,  to revel in the stories and their inspirational heroes; to come and share this memorable nostalgic comic content. I'm here too for these very reasons and I believe the finest of these elements can be resurrected into something new. I know this can happen, just as Will Eisner and Simon and Kirby opened up their own comic book studios to pursue their dreams. How successful this venture would be is in the hands of the three fickle sisters
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 07:36:56 AM »

Well, I am not an artist (but am interested in any kind of art) and I love to take the opportunity to read and see a little more about the art of drawing. Thank you.
ip icon Logged

The Ghost Man

message icon
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 04:05:23 PM »

You're welcome Comickraut, that's great to hear. Enjoy the TVIA Library and if you have any questions or are looking for any specific advice, I'd be happy to help or point you in the right direction.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.