in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 191 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Looking for information on artist King Ward

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Looking for information on artist King Ward  (Read 797 times)

PrincessWrixie

message icon
Looking for information on artist King Ward
« on: November 06, 2020, 07:45:42 AM »

I've done a lot of looking and can't find anything on artist King Ward. I considered it to be an alias after not finding any info but I also can't find any info on whether or not he's a real person at all.

Can anyone give me any information on the person?
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Looking for information on artist King Ward
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 09:42:46 AM »

PrincessWrixie,
Welcome to CB+.   
This link will take you to what works there are by King Ward on this site.
https://comicbookplus.com/search/?cx=partner-pub-9639869078401298%3A2415513160&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=King+Ward&sa=Search&siteurl=comicbookplus.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D19166.0%3Btopicseen&ref=comicbookplus.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Dunread&ss=5231j4899843j11

Here is his entry on LAMBIAK Comiclopedia.
https://www.lambiek.net/artists/w/ward_king.htm

If you search for 'Sangor Studio' You might find more.
There will be more of us along later, [I'm in Australia in New South Wales where it is 8:40 pm]
Some of them are bound to have more for you.
Oh, and he was definitely a real person.  Can I ask what your interest in him stems from? Just curious.
Cheers!   
ip icon Logged

PrincessWrixie

message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 05:38:20 AM »

I really love the way he draws. The contrast is top notch and he does a lot of perspectives that you don't see anywhere else even by today's standards.

I actually just graduated from art school and his art is better than what I was seeing in class, granted it was all fine art with the newest stuff being over 100 years old.

He's not my favorite artist nor do I want to draw like him but I just love looking at his work and it's sad that his wiki page has literally less info than a single page of art of his does.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 08:34:22 AM »

I actually just graduated from art school and his art is better than what I was seeing in class, granted it was all fine art with the newest stuff being over 100 years old.

I can really identify with that thought. I have a Fine Arts/Visual Arts degree and understand contemporary art but would really prefer sometimes to look at good traditional drawing.

it's sad that his wiki page has literally less info than a single page of art of his does.

Unfortunately The same can be of many of the artists whose work we preserve here on CB+. Many were art school graduates and some were even teachers.

Cheers!
ip icon Logged

Electricmastro

message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 11:08:26 PM »

Jerry Bails mentioned that King Ward worked as an artist for a magazine called Astounding in 1951, which is presumably Astounding Science Fiction. Another Ward associated with that title is the more relatively known H. J. Ward, who died in 1945. Whether the two are directly related, Im not sure.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.