in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Upgrade!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Upgrade!  (Read 1855 times)

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Upgrade!
« on: November 19, 2020, 07:26:10 PM »

We've had a forced upgrade.

in the long term this is good news, BUT the site was not quite ready ... So, there are some bugs and stuff fallen through the cracks.

The main two (I am aware of) are you can't upload or download ... I am now looking at the issues. Hopefully not long before we are back firing on all cylinders, with a new turbo.
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
Re: Upgrade!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 08:55:18 AM »

Big big big thanks to Mark for his efforts once again - much appreciated
ip icon Logged

FraBig

message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 06:42:16 PM »

I'm still having some problems uploading, is that related to the new upgrade?
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 07:02:31 PM »

most likely ... it was not working at all earlier ... it is doing something now ... but may need tweaking
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 06:43:35 AM »

most likely ... it was not working at all earlier ... it is doing something now ... but may need tweaking

We haven't had an upload since November 18th.  It's now The 24th (my birthday by coincidence).  I wonder if there is still a problem with uploading, as several uploads by Freddy Fly and Titansfan (both of whose uploaded books usually get uploaded on CB+ within one or 2 days) have been up at DCM for a few days.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

FraBig

message icon
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 11:54:45 AM »

Same here. I tried to upload a new Compilation I made, firstly on the 19th and then on the 21th, but the uploading process seems to have failed both of the times.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 07:13:21 PM »

I am working away on this .... I think most likely your files are waiting to be approved in the admin section.

This is now up and running but buggy so I am not making it live in case it screws the site up ... I'd be disappointed if admin was not live Friday and most the site running OK.

ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 07:57:41 PM »

I am working away on this .... I think most likely your files are waiting to be approved in the admin section.

This is now up and running but buggy so I am not making it live in case it screws the site up ... I'd be disappointed if admin was not live Friday and most the site running OK.

I see now that 3 new books are up.  So, I guess everything is back to normal.  Fingers crossed.
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 07:56:55 AM »

Random 12 hasn't changed for a couple of days - something to do with the upgrade?
ip icon Logged

miniaturist

message icon
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 05:10:56 PM »

Comicmarks don't seem to allow additions or subtractions. I am using Safari on iPadOS, ver 14. Thanks for all your work on this site!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 05:18:09 PM by miniaturist »
ip icon Logged

John Kerry

message icon
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2021, 05:04:39 AM »

Comicmarks not working for me at this point, and having been for awhile. Id this the result of the upgrade that hasn't been fixed yet, or is it another issue.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.