in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

I Want to Learn to Draw Golden-Age Art

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: I Want to Learn to Draw Golden-Age Art  (Read 4210 times)

The Ghost Man

message icon
I Want to Learn to Draw Golden-Age Art
« on: December 12, 2020, 06:35:46 PM »

Go to the library! No seriously, go to the library I host on The Vintage Inkwell Academy. Since its inception I have curated nearly 100 vintage and rare book PDF's that are vital to learning Cartooning, Comic Art and advanced Illustration. All free of charge, absolutely no strings attached. I'm a developing illustrator myself and started the blog to assist others and create art instruction resources for illustrators, artists and others who've always wanted to draw comics. In my own artistic journey locating good, solid instructional material was difficult and through cutting my own path, I uncovered many treasures. I wanted to share these to make other's path less arduous and so they can spend more time practicing and learning than devoting time to hunting down vanishing or unknown resources.

Enjoy and get busy learning to be the best artist you can be.

https://vintageinkwell.com/library/

If any of the material I've shared on the site has helped you, please write your experience in the comments below. This way others can use your personal testament as a guide and it helps me to host the best content I can find. If you have any questions that I can help you with don't hesitate to reach out to me in a DM or here.

Cheers, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and best of fortunes to you all in the new year!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 06:50:19 PM by The Ghost Man »
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: I Want to Learn to Draw Golden-Age Art
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 04:16:50 AM »

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and best of fortunes to you all in the new year!

And the same to you. Hoping for great things for your site in the coming year.

Cheers1   
ip icon Logged

The Ghost Man

message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 06:31:22 PM »

Thanks AP, I can't believe the site is now a year old, it just had it's first birthday this November 28th.

ip icon Logged

mmoorestudios

message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 04:15:11 PM »

New here and I've already discovered SO MUCH GOLD!!!

http://www.mikemoorestudios.com/2021/04/06/a-new-old-thing/

Thanks to you all!
Mike
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 01:27:39 AM »

Greetings Mike! I like your old style toon art too!
Nice to see that skateboarding is still a going thing.I'm a teacher who had a number of students who were and are seriously into it, so I have checked out movies and Docos on skateboarding.
Of those on this list,
https://screenrant.com/best-skateboarding-movies-ranked-imdb/
I've seen the Heath Ledger movie, Lords of Dogtown, semidoco about the beginnings of skateboarding and the Documentary about the Australian Pappas brothers 'All this mayhem'
Interesting how physical sports like Surfing, Biking, Cars, Skateboarding inspire art scenes and styles based around the specifics of the lifestyle.
Any chance of you putting links to CB+ and Vintage Inkwell on your site?
Welcome, join in and enjoy!         
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 01:20:45 AM »

Just came across this, which would make a good Christmas present for any aspiring artist. perspective for comic book artists
perspective for comic book artists
David Chelsea
Can buy from Abe Books.

Don't make Amazon any richer than it already is.
Abe Books supports small booksellers and as you see you get a choice.

https://www.abebooks.com/9780823005673/Perspective-Comic-Book-Artists-Achieve-0823005674/plp

Cheers and have a good Christmas.

ip icon Logged

The Ghost Man

message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2021, 08:17:38 PM »

Greetings AP!
           Thanks for the link which I will follow up on and apologies for belated reply it's been very hectic for me lately. So much so that I even missed the original TVIA 2nd year launch anniversary back on November 28th. It seems that traffic to the site has grown to the point that I've recently had to elevate and upgrade my webhost account to the next level to accommodate the increased bandwidth demands. The site will be faster and global CDN servers will deliver the Library content faster thus decreasing load whilst satisfying bandwidth demands. I'm absorbing all of these rising maintenance costs out of my own pocket and I can see why CB+ requests donations in order to keep their lights on. I'm not there just yet, and I've no plans to make any changes in that direction for now.

I cannot find the time to produce a new TVIA post as of yet, as business, studies and work are a task difficult to balance. In addition, outside mounting freedom abusive and destructive pressures continue to rise in both our lands. Focus and priorities have to be shifted around a lot these days and finding time to even relax is rare without a new imperative surfacing.

I wish you and the Comic Book Plus crew and family a Merry Christmas and Happy and memorable New Year to all!
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 02:48:08 AM »

Ghost Man,

the new site looks great, and I see the old site is still up.

The Vintage Inkwell Academy
https://vintageinkwell.com/

https://tvia.ingenuityserials.com/

If any of you members or visitors know of sites or books or reference material on comic books, vintage art and drawing technique and narrative visual art, please post links here [or directly on TVIA] so Ghost Man can add them to his site if appropriate.

Incidentally, the TVIA LIBRARY is currently awesome. If you are a budding creator, go here for your Christmas reading!

Cheers!   
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 03:13:30 AM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 04:20:10 AM »

Just found this in the Vintage Inkwell library.

One Word: WOW!

The case for Kirby.

https://vintageinkwell.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/The-Case-for-Kirby-by-Chris-Tolworthy.pdf

Among -many- other things, I have always wondered just how accidental Joe Maneeley's sad death was. Given the juxtaposition of events that have emerged, and outlined here, if you join the dots, in my opinion, it makes the likelihood of his taking his own life more probable.
You will have to read it to see what I am talking about. [Pages 283-4]

Oh, and that first panel on page 301?! Implications blow me away!
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 05:01:01 AM »

Ghost Man,

the new site looks great, and I see the old site is still up.

The Vintage Inkwell Academy
https://vintageinkwell.com/

https://tvia.ingenuityserials.com/

If any of you members or visitors know of sites or books or reference material on comic books, vintage art and drawing technique and narrative visual art, please post links here [or directly on TVIA] so Ghost Man can add them to his site if appropriate.

Incidentally, the TVIA LIBRARY is currently awesome. If you are a budding creator, go here for your Christmas reading!
Cheers!

I like the additions to the site's extensive, comprehensive drawing resource library.  I had already bought and used several of the books included in it, by Photographer, Muybridge, and by great artists such as Hamm, Loomis, Vilppu, Bridgeman, Hultgren, Blair, and Norling many years ago.  And they are still great resources.

Small World,......Glenn Vilppu was my figure drawing teacher at art school.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 07:26:45 PM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 05:21:17 PM »

Panther, I've read The Book now, and can't thank you enough for the link.  This is not meant to be controversial, but probably will be.  While I agree on the sheer quality of a lot of Kirby's work - and can appreciate it - it doesn't always appeal to me.   
The Challengers and Doom Patrol v FF and X-Men thing has confused me since I started reading American comics - well, a bit after I suppose.  I think the thing that most impressed me in the book were the machinations - cheating, really, of Lee and Goodman.  For many years as a young and avid consumer of American comics, I could hardly have cared less who drew or wrote what. Many comics didn't have credits, especially British ones. But eventually figuring out who was creating what did make me go and look for comics for which they were responsible.  Now I discover that what it said on the label wasn't necessarily what was inside. And finding those comics was a difficult task as there was no real continuity of distribution over here.  Comics did come over but you couldn't be sure of consecutive issues of the same title turning up.
There don't seem to be new ideas in superhero comics. Variations on a well known theme was the order of the day it seems. 
The Fly - what a great, exciting read those first 2 issues were.  Challengers, now that was a WOW.  Doom Patrol in MGA, lovely stuff.  But the first X-Men issues did little for me.  The first FF was ok when I read it at the time and I remember thinking that I didn't like some of the pictures.  I was 12.
I mentioned The Fly which I loved, but I also couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Double Life of Private Strong.   I found that really exciting. 
I'm sending the book link to some other folk with a deep and long interest in comics.
ip icon Logged

The Ghost Man

message icon
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2021, 10:15:10 PM »

AP, I am most humble and appreciative for your gracious words and support for TVIA. Yes, I've left the old site intact for now to ensure any old visitors know to visit the new relocated site. I'll be taking it down and retiring it in the near future as it's an unnecessary drain on webhost resources as well as confusing.

Chris Tolworthy is an unsung hero who has devoted a tonne of work and painstaking, credible research to deliver a true accounting of Marvel's rebirth history. I encourage those interested to read his voluminous works here: https://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel in addition to 'The Case for Kirby'. It's most edifying and revealing in setting the record straight and he's devoted years to it.

AP I wrenched free some time to check out David Chelsea's brilliant instructional tomes on Perspective. 'Perspective! for Comic Book Artists' I have and is a book used in my personal illustration study curriculum, his followup 'Extreme Perspective! For Artists' I had no idea was available and have added it to my must purchase list. What I'm most impressed with is the depth of his knowledge and deftness of skill that showcases and reminds one of Winsor McCay's outstanding mastery of illustration and perspective in Little Nemo. Needless to say, I immediately added both Chelsea books to the https://vintageinkwell.com/book-guide link section on the TVIA website. I also added a new recommendation of where to purchase all my recommended books from. You are correct in your statement to avoid Amazon whose business model seems to emulate a plantation.

Robb_K, thank you and to have had Glenn Vilppu as a teacher is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You were certainly fortunate and hope his teachings have enriched and elevated you artistic experience.

Paw Broon, I'm a huge fan of Jack Kirby, more so his earlier works with Joe Simon which I thought had a volatile energy surging through it as compared with his later more methodical and measured approaches. He was a grounded man and his dire wartime experiences played a role in transcendentally changing the way he saw things in the world. One might say strangely elevated his consciousness to being a seer of sorts in his mind-blowing creations and portents of things to come like OMAC.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 10:18:48 PM by The Ghost Man »
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2021, 10:34:33 PM »

It comes as a shock to those of us who value comic books as a communication and an art and narrative form - and from a modern perspective where there is generally a lot of respect for the work, to realize that at the beginning of comic book publishing, the businessmen behind the companies had close to zero respect for the content of the publications and even at times some of their practices could be described as outright criminal. Should give us even more respect for those creators who persevered with much hard work to learn and create the rules for a new medium. They clearly loved what they were doing and it shows.
Currently the US comic industry seems to be at a creative dead-end, endlessly repeating a few themes like the dragon consuming its own tail. All the narratives now have to have magic, multiverses, zombies, vampires, demons. So a new western? has to have demons and magic - or aliens. Teenage comedy - Jughead must become a werewolf [Jughead the Hunger] The whole DC universe has to have a demonic side. And of course, Marvel follows suit. It's as if the current writing class in the west is totally unable to write about the reality of the world around them. Or find anything positive in humanity. Even fiction should deal with themes that speak to the daily reality of human existence.
Which is why I much prefer the comics coming out of Europe, particularly the French, because they are mostly still grounded in real places, real events and rounded characters.

Cheers!       

ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2021, 06:31:16 AM »

Robb_K, thank you and to have had Glenn Vilppu as a teacher is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You were certainly fortunate and hope his teachings have enriched and elevated you artistic experience.

Yes, I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time. Glenn's lessons, individual help, and pointers helped me improve my figure drawing immensely, and likely helped me pass the tests to get work with Hanna-Barbera Feature, Turner Feature, and Warner Brothers Feature Animation, and also helped me to get the job of co-coordinating Warner Brothers' Human model in-studio figure drawing classes for a year (which gave me a lot more access to figure drawing training). And unknown to most laypeople, life drawing skills are really very, very necessary (or, at least, a much, much easier track) to be good at drawing cartoony-style characters (like I do), especially when they are in motion). 
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2021, 07:36:00 AM »

At the beginning of comic book publishing, the businessmen behind the companies had close to zero respect for the content of the publications and even at times some of their practices could be described as outright criminal.

WARNING: Very long.

The evolution of the American comics industry and the people behind it is an incredibly complex subject. It was a skeevy business from the outset, run on the slimmest of margins by a few ambitious men long on chutzpah and short on ethics. It's impossible to underestimate how important "cheap" was to the way comics developed. John Santangelo (Charlton) provides a perfect example: it was cheaper to print comic books than to let his presses stand idle. Even back when a dime bought a slice of pie, the profit on a comic book, perhaps a penny or less, was minuscule. The only way to make money was to keep production costs as low as possible and to sell a lot of copies. Big sales weren't guaranteed. Keeping costs low was more manageable. Hire kids and old-timers needing a paycheck.

Looking back you realize that early comics were shaped by larger-than-life figures like Donenfeld, Fox, Arnold, Liebowitz, Gaines, Hughes, Biro. Some were more honest than others but all were ambitious, hard-headed hustlers who cut corners when they could and ran their businesses with an eye to eking out as much profit as possible.

The big change in the industry began in the mid-to-late sixties. Marvel was the catalyst and Stan Lee played a huge role. (Please withhold the catcalls until I finish.) Stan Lee was the last of the larger-than-life comics pioneers. Over the course of many years, through endless self-promotion and backroom shenanigans, he succeded in making himself the face of Marvel Comics. With the exception perhaps of Bill Gaines and EC no one man has been so closely associated with a comics brand. By the time Marvel entered the big time it was "Stan Lee's Marvel Comics." No one else could match that. It wasn't "Carmine Infantino's DC Comics" or "Pat Masulli's Charlton Comics." Comics were pulling in real money for the first time and Lee was perfectly positioned to ride the gravy train.

Martin Goodman's sale of Marvel/Magazine Management in 1968 was the company's first step from the Marvel Age into the Corporate Age. It was also the first step in Stan Lee's increasing irrelevancy. Marvel wasn't the first to go the corporate route. DC had been sold to Kinney the previous year. To be fair that company had always had a more corporate, suit-and-tie environment than its competitors.

Stan Lee was still valuable as Marvel's human logo, but that's all. Lucky for him he'd set himself up in a position to live off his legend for quite a while. Successive editors tried to become the new Stan--heaven knows Jim Shooter gave it everything he had--but there was no room for a Big Guy in the new comics world. Successive buyouts by ever larger entities made Marvel Comics less and less important to its owners until now it's owned by the ultimate corporate machine, The Disney Company. DC followed a similar path, and today comics are primarily seen as a source for characters and storylines to be used in the important media, movies and TV/Streaming.

Currently the US comic industry seems to be at a creative dead-end, endlessly repeating a few themes

And here we are. Disney and Time/Warner are immense cancers which have metastasized throughout popular culture. Especially Disney. If you want to blow your mind, look up the chart listing everything Disney owns or controls throughout the world. The most familiar names--Marvel Comics, Star Wars/Lucasfilm, The Muppets, Pixar, The Simpsons, Hulu, ABC Network, Fox Networks, 20th Television, ESPN, National Geographic--are just the beginning.

The corporation employs an infinite number of accountants and algorithms tasked with feeding its endless appetite for growth. The corporation makes an obscene amount of money. To what purpose? To make Bob Iger richer? A thousand Bob Igers couldn't burn up a tiny portion of the loot. The corporation must bring in as much money and pay out as little money as possible because that's what corporations do.

Inevitably corporate products will be retreads, sequels, re-imaginings, remakes, re-hashes, of stuff that made money before. That's how accountants think. The risk of running with a really new idea--if such exists--scares the pants off them. The new ideas come from outside creators who come up with a successful property. The corporation buys it up, absorbs it into the corporate mass, and begins producing the endless spinoffs, sequels, etc. ad infinitum.

This doesn't mean that creators can't produce quality stuff within the machine. A good writer and artist (or director, producer, etc) can turn a tired old sow's ear of a property into a shiny silk purse. But the point is that it's still the seventy-fifth reworking of an existing property. Zombies, magic, dystopias, etc. have sold well, so let's have zombies and magic in a dystopian world in which only The Absent Minded Professor can save humanity.

This has already run on too long, but I want to address one more point. If we fans have a weak spot, it's our need to identify bad guys and good guys. The more passionate the fan, the stronger is their insistence on either/or and the lower their tolerance for both/and. In Stan Lee's case there's powerful pressure to label him as either the good guy who's being trashed unfairly despite having built the Marvel Age, or the bad guy who leeched off the creators who really built the Marvel Age. The trouble is, both characterizations are true. Stan Lee profited mightily by taking credit for his staff's groundbreaking work and the Marvel Age of Comics wouldn't have happened without him.

Consider this: if the Marvel Age comics were so great only because of the quality of the work of the Kirbys and Ditkos, these creators should have had equal or greater success elsewhere. That didn't happen. Kirby had been turning out great stuff for decades and continued turning out his unique work for years after leaving Marvel, but only at Marvel was he "King." Similarly Ditko continued inventing new characters and stories long after severing ties with Lee. None clicked. What was missing? Stan Lee.

Now consider: if the Marvel Age comics were so great because Stan Lee was such a good writer/character creator/whatever, he should have been able to create a second Marvel Age somewhere else. That didn't happen either. In fact his subsequent projects were minor to the point of embarrassment. What was missing? Kirby, Ditko et al.

My point is this: Stan Lee was an egocentric blowhard who skated to stardom on other people's creations. And Stan Lee was a tireless promoter whose unceasing ballyhoo pushed Marvel into the public consciousness. Yes, Stan was a sonuvabitch. And his hype and hucksterism were the secret ingredients that built the Marvel Age. Kirby, Ditko and their comrades were great creators but they weren't promoters. If somebody like, for example, Dick Giordano had been Marvel's editor, the company would still have turned out fine books. But I'll bet Marvel would have remained just a company that published good comics. It took an egomaniacal pitchman like Stan Lee to convince a wide new audience to forget their scorn of "funny books" and give Marvel comics a look. When they did look, they found stories and art which captured their imagination.

I repeat: this isn't an either/or. Lee was a less than scrupulous man who capitalized on other peoples' work. And without him there wouldn't have been a Marvel Age and comics today would be very different.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2021, 09:05:40 AM »

Crash,
My point is this: Stan Lee was an egocentric blowhard who skated to stardom on other people's creations. And Stan Lee was a tireless promoter whose unceasing ballyhoo pushed Marvel into the public consciousness. Yes, Stan was a sonuvabitch. And his hype and hucksterism were the secret ingredients that built the Marvel Age. Kirby, Ditko and their comrades were great creators but they weren't promoters. If somebody like, for example, Dick Giordano had been Marvel's editor, the company would still have turned out fine books. But I'll bet Marvel would have remained just a company that published good comics. It took an egomaniacal pitchman like Stan Lee to convince a wide new audience to forget their scorn of "funny books" and give Marvel comics a look. When they did look, they found stories and art which captured their imagination.

Well written, well said. Stan's genius was marketing and PR. Jack was a story-teller. I think watching and being caught in Goodman's machinations made Stan more aware of the promotional and business side of things, but he also had developed good comics judgment. The very fact that he based Marvel around Jack's visual style and attracted the likes of Roy Thomas, John Buscema, John Romita, Gene Colan, Gil Kane and many more demonstrates that he had a gift for recognizing talent. His ego was his weakness, tho.

Kirby had been turning out great stuff for decades and continued turning out his unique work for years after leaving Marvel, but only at Marvel was he "King."

Bear in mind, that The recent DC Justice League movie featured the Kirby creation, Darkseid, as the villain, and the fact that the Forth World mythos, the Demon, Kamandi, the Challengers, and even the Villain Kobra are all staples of the current DC universe. It's undoubted that Kirby's storytelling has left a greater legacy over-all  to comics than Lees.

Ditko continued inventing new characters and stories long after severing ties with Lee. None clicked.

Well, I don't think creating New characters was a strong motivation for Ditko after his Marvel period.
But he has Captain Atom, the redesigned Blue Beetle [ Died but won' t stay dead] Shade the changing man, the Creeper and even Squirrel Girl to his credit. No, none of them are Spiderman, but they are all still part of current comic book mythos and storytelling. And Ditko's Blue Beetle was the inspiration and template for Alan Moore's Owlman in the Watchmen.  Nothing Lee did post Marvel had legs.
And he tried.

Cheers!   

« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 12:26:58 PM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2021, 05:31:24 PM »

I agree: well written, we'll said. However, 're. Ditko, he went his own way with the likes of Wha'?! and Mr. A. Not finacial successes but interesting, intriguing and controversial.
I have to continue with the Kirby theme and add that I dislike a lot of his later work, and some off what is considered "great". I'd include Kamandi, Eternals - which I still think is awful, but still thoroughly enjoy Demon and New Gods.
Ditko's Spiderman is exceptional and nothing in the series since has come anywhere near those heights, imo, of course, but if anyone disagrees, they are daft ;)
Going back to Ghost Man and Kirby's Cap. - I love those stories,  GA and S.A.
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2021, 07:12:02 PM »

At the beginning of comic book publishing, the businessmen behind the companies had close to zero respect for the content of the publications and even at times some of their practices could be described as outright criminal.

WARNING: Very long.

The evolution of the American comics industry and the people behind it is an incredibly complex subject. It was a skeevy business from the outset, run on the slimmest of margins by a few ambitious men long on chutzpah and short on ethics. It's impossible to underestimate how important "cheap" was to the way comics developed. John Santangelo (Charlton) provides a perfect example: it was cheaper to print comic books than to let his presses stand idle. Even back when a dime bought a slice of pie, the profit on a comic book, perhaps a penny or less, was minuscule. The only way to make money was to keep production costs as low as possible and to sell a lot of copies. Big sales weren't guaranteed. Keeping costs low was more manageable. Hire kids and old-timers needing a paycheck.

Looking back you realize that early comics were shaped by larger-than-life figures like Donenfeld, Fox, Arnold, Liebowitz, Gaines, Hughes, Biro. Some were more honest than others but all were ambitious, hard-headed hustlers who cut corners when they could and ran their businesses with an eye to eking out as much profit as possible.

I find it interesting that several of the publishers of comic books during the early Golden Age, had previously been in the shipping (Ocean) business, and later moved to magazine distribution and publishing pulp novels, and later, to later adding comic books (Victor Fox, Robert Farrell, Harry Donenfeld, Everett "Busy" Arnold, Ben Sangor, Ned Pines (and a few others).  All of them had some brushes with the law, and a couple even served prison time. I guess John Santangelo, and Max Gaines could be added to that list, at least related to the opportunistic description.
They were all opportunists who kept watch on trends, and anticipated them in several cases, looking for any chance to make a "fast buck".  Their description jibes with Carl Barks' early description of his own invented con-man/chiseler, Donald Duck's no-good, lazy, fortune hunting cousin, Gladstone Gander (before he changed him into The World's luckiest man).  He described him as a "connoisseur of the fast buck". 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 11:28:51 PM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2021, 06:13:03 PM »

Great resource site thanks Ghost Man
ip icon Logged

The Ghost Man

message icon
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2021, 02:12:25 AM »

Thank you Narfstar!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.