in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Comicmark not working for me.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Comicmark not working for me.  (Read 2855 times)

mwb1

message icon
Comicmark not working for me.
« on: January 16, 2021, 02:37:06 PM »

When I click the link to add a comicmark, a new blank, white page opens and nothing else happens. The comicmark is not added to my Comicmark page.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Comicmark not working for me.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 12:39:44 AM »

OK!
I've been wanting to talk about this for some time.
What you have done, I think, is click the Yellow in black TAB at the top of the page.
That is where you store Comicmarks - which are bookmarks. Since you haven't stored any bookmarks yet, that page is blank.
Before the update - that happened to the site a couple of months ago, there was a link on the page that comes up when you select a book. That allowed you, if you clicked it, to select the book and bookmark it, so you could quickly come back to it at a later date.
Since the update, that link is no longer there, so you can no longer create a new bookmark. If you have previously bookmarked a selection, that selection is still there currently and accessible.
Mark, the Administrator, has had a fair bit of work to do after the update, since a number of things didn't work correctly after that. There are still a few glitches. Mark has been beavering away coding to fix them.
He has been reluctant to restore the comicmark feature - or let me say - it hasn't been a priority - because it is apparently actually quite complicated to do so. I seem to be one of the only people who uses the feature, since nobody else seems to have noticed its absence. If its not being used, that's a shame, because its a good feature. So ... consider this a survey..... If you think its a good feature and would like it restored, let us know. I certainly would. 
Cheers!               
ip icon Logged

mwb1

message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 11:53:20 AM »

Thanks for the reply, Australian Panther.

Here's a more in-depth explanation of my problem...

In my personal Comicmarks page, I have a bookmarked comic that was stored on Dec 22, 2010 (over ten years ago!)  I have not used this feature since then.

Yesterday, I wanted to  add more comics to my Comicmarks page for quick access. 
When I click on the "Add a Comicmark For This Section" on any Comic listings page, a blank, white page comes up and the bookmarked comic is not saved to my Comicmarks page.

The ability to add bookmarked comics is a useful feature. I hope it can be repaired.
ip icon Logged

Comeekz

message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 09:02:40 AM »

Is the comicmark feature still implemented? I dont see the link on individual comics pages to add a comicmark at all anymore. I know how these darn fool computers are; everything is constantly being updated, and breaking features that once worked fine. The feature was nicer than using your browser bookmarks, as every comicmark gave a nice thumbnail of the comic or page you were bookmarking. BTW, heres my comicsmarks page from when the feature was still accessible.

https://comicbookplus.com/?cbplus=55294
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 09:04:44 AM by Comeekz »
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 10:34:19 AM »

Comeekz,
Is the comicmark feature still implemented? 

The situation has not changed from my post of January 17, 2021, above.
Before the update - that happened to the site a couple of months ago, there was a link on the page that comes up when you select a book. That allowed you, if you clicked it, to select the book and bookmark it, so you could quickly come back to it at a later date.
Since the update, that link is no longer there, so you can no longer create a new bookmark. If you have previously bookmarked a selection, that selection is still there currently and accessible. 

When I wrote that post, I wrote it in hope that a number of others would back me up in asking that the feature could be restored. That doesn't appear to have happened.
I have no problem with Mark, he does a terrific job behind the scenes keeping CB+ functioning, and if he says its too complex, he knows what he's talking about. 
That link you shared was your own personal pre-created link, everybody's is different.
You might want to delete your link from the post.
Cheers!   
ip icon Logged

Comeekz

message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 02:41:02 PM »

Thanks for the info. It kind of underlines what I suspected. I know keeping a complex site like this running is difficult. I have no problem with sharing my comicmarks link, as my choices are not personal or private. As a mild suggestion, the help page on comicmarks might be updated to indicate that new comicmarks can no longer be added.
ip icon Logged

professor echo

message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 04:49:59 PM »

Hi from a longtime member who has a question and got lost on the site trying to find an answer. Please forgive me if it's been right in front of my face the whole time! :-\

I was hoping the COMICMARKS feature might serve as a kind of TBR list for me, but now that it seems to be disabled, is there any other way to maintain a list on the site that would collate books a member wants to read in the future?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!
ip icon Logged

billybooks

message icon
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 01:17:25 AM »

I referred to my comic marks a lot and I'm sorry to see them go, and that I can't save any more, but if that makes the rest of the site easier to maintain, it's okay. But it it can be reinstalled at some point that would be cool!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.