in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Robb's uploads

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Robb's uploads  (Read 1199 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Robb's uploads
« on: January 16, 2021, 05:28:02 PM »

Merry-Go-Round-1(RotaryLithoOfCanada)(1947)
Researched and put together from various sources with place holders for missing pages. You can find it here:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=77542

(Note.  This is placed in the ACG file till we figure out if that's correct, or where it should go.  See description in the comment below the book)
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
Re: Robb's uploads
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 06:37:58 PM »

Merry-Go-Round-1(RotaryLithoOfCanada)(1947)
Researched and put together from various sources with place holders for missing pages. You can find it here:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=77542

(Note.  This is placed in the ACG file till we figure out if that's correct, or where it should go.  See description in the comment below the book)

This book now can be found in the Better/Nedor/Standard/Pines Section of CB+, to keep its designation consistent with that of The Grand Comics Database, in order to avoid confusion, and be more easily found by first time users.  It is a matter of semantics, given that based on my research, it appears that the sale of this apparently ACG-produced book series in Canada was a joint venture between Ben Sangor's ACG, and his son-in-law, Ned Pines' Better/Nedor Publication's Canadian packaging, marketing, and distribution firm.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 09:35:37 AM »

Our pal Robb has completed Merry_Go_Round, no number, from 1945 - apart from the ibc.  You can find it here:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=78768
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 06:12:41 PM »

Our pal Robb has completed Merry_Go_Round, no number, from 1945 - apart from the ibc.  You can find it here:-

Just to avoid confusion, and so members and outsiders can obtain the most complete version, Paw has just uploaded for me, a newer version, which adds 2/3 of the formerly-missing inside back cover Duck Hunt gag, as well as adding the top, logo strip completing the inside front cover Michelangelo gag.  Also, the first page of the Buster Bruin, book first story, is a cleaner version.

So, now its a more-or-less complete book, that just needs the upgrading of the 2 black and white gags condition, and replacing the pages from the books first 2 stories, that were taken from reprints, with scans of the original pages, so the colours will be correct.

I hope you all will enjoy this 1944 funny animal classic!
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 05:57:52 AM »

I have just uploaded Dell Comics / Western Publishing's "Four Color Comics (1942 Series)" 480, "Andy Hardy" .  That completes Dell's "Andy Hardy" series.  I don't know how to add the GCD book data, so, I left that for a CB+ editor. 
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2022, 07:43:28 AM »

ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 08:34:21 AM »

https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=82954
Thanks Robb.

Maybe thanks aren't warranted.  As usual with my uploads, there are problems.  None of the book's pages are visible, and neither is the thumbnail picture of the front cover.  Someone who knows how the upload tool works needs to examine the file, and see what is wrong.  I took the individual pages, which had been  .jpg files, and changed them to .cbz files.  Then I compressed the host file to convert to a Zip file.  Then I uploaded it, using CB+'s upload tool.  Also, the GCD information needs to be added.  I hope someone else here can help make it visible, and add the GCD credits and other information.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2022, 04:01:42 PM »

All done.  Individual pages should be .jpg, then zip them up and change the extension to .cbz.
Also, there was a mac file in there.  That needed deleting.
Here it is:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=82957
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 04:32:08 PM by paw broon »
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2022, 05:19:04 PM »

All done.  Individual pages should be .jpg, then zip them up and change the extension to .cbz.
Also, there was a mac file in there.  That needed deleting.
Here it is:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=82957

Thanks for fixing it, Paw. The date should read "Fall 1953". It was drawn by Al Hubbard, and written and storyboarded by John Stanley.  Also, can I get help from someone explaining how to import the GCD information page on the book to CB+ area on the book's home page?  I may ALWAYS need final uploading help due to always needing the MAC file removed.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2022, 06:31:52 PM »

De rien, mon captaine. 
As I never use GCD I'm not able to help.  Sorry, old bean.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2022, 08:02:34 AM »

Moved to 4 Color.
Just so you'll all know I'm a bit different with my Dell collection, I always file by the character on my shelves.  Means all my favourite cowboy characters are together, under their title, not spread over 2 sections. ;D
Not very professional /awkward squad, but it suits me.
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2022, 05:28:45 PM »

Moved to 4 Color.
Just so you'll all know I'm a bit different with my Dell collection, I always file by the character on my shelves.  Means all my favourite cowboy characters are together, under their title, not spread over 2 sections. ;D
Not very professional /awkward squad, but it suits me.

So do I! Ideally, here at CB+, we'd have each one of the single-character named books from a catch-all series, like Four Color Comics, displayed in (chronological) series number order in BOTH locations (e.g. with both Dell's "Four Color Comics" AND with the character name titled series (i.e. "Andy Hardy"), so that people not familiar with other countries' publishers and series, could easily find (and not totally miss on finding) books with the lead characters they seek. But, I also understand that this is a non-profit website, that exists totally dependent upon donations, and the cost of significant extra storage space would be a burden.

ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2024, 05:11:38 PM »

With crashryan's help I have just uploaded 2 English language Scanlations of Dutch language comic books from our CB+ Non-English Section which I translated to English; first, Episode No. 1 of the 8-issue story of "De Tweede Pimpernel" ("The 2nd Pimpernel"), a "Beeldroman" reduced-sized graphic novel from 1947, during the time of the European paper shortage, left over after World War II.  Written and drawn by Siem Praamsma, and published by W.A. Polder, Haarlem, this series is planned by CB+ to be compiled into a Scanlated compilation of all 8 issues as soon as the remaining episodic books translations will be completed.  It will appear in this Scanlation Section. 

The second added Scanlated book is from the 1953-54 1-tier, Landscape-oriented, mini-book Science-Fiction series, "Fulgor - Stratosfeervlieger", Episode 7, "De Staalstad" ("Fulgor - Stratosphere Flyer" No. 7).  It was drawn by Augusto Pedrazza, and written by him and Roberto Renzi, and published by Uitgeverij Walter Lehning, Amsterdam.  We plan to translate and compile all episode issues of this series into a scanlated compilation uploaded in this section once their translations are completed.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2024, 12:11:10 AM »

Paw,
Just accidentally read this post

Clicking on the link,
this comes up,

"Something Is Not Quite Right.
The page was not found."

Probably you have already changed the location?
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2024, 02:44:51 AM »

Paw,
Just accidentally read this post

Clicking on the link,
this comes up,

"Something Is Not Quite Right.
The page was not found."

Probably you have already changed the location?

Yes, it was moved to ACG's One Shots.  You can find it here:  https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=78847

Previously, it was stored under La Salle Publishing in Small Publishers.  But La Salle was a non-comic book publisher from whom ACG bought part of their unused WWII paper quota, as ACG had reached their own quota limit.  The same was true for 1944 giant 130-page "Funnybone Comics", which is the ONLY ACG Golden Age Funny Animal comic book we are missing.  One of our scanners, who has retired, owns a complete copy of it.  I wish he'd allow a CB+ contributor to scan it for upload to CB+.
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2024, 07:24:58 PM »

My 3rd Scanlated Dutch-to-English book, "De Moker 1" ("The Sledgehammer 1 ", has been uploaded this morning.  It is a Post WWII Golden Age (1948), digest-sized Beeldroman (Graphic Novel) in a series of 10 self-contained, complete, unrelated stories, published by Jago Uitgeverij, and all drawn by Hans Ducro.  The Sledgehammer is a masked mystery man, dedicated to fighting crimes against the general population.  In this story, he breaks into the office of the chief banker of a large French banking consortium, who has been
"stealing" money from poor, hard-working people through usurious loans.  He takes that money, leads the Paris
Police on a wild street chase, and escapes them from the top of The Eiffel Tower, to return the money to the afflicted loanholders, before the banks can foreclose on their collateral property.

All CB+ members and other readers are welcomed to join our CB+ Reading Group discussion of this, and the other 2 Dutch GA Scanlations we uploaded yesterday.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.