in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Crash Ryan Uploads

Pages: [1] 2

topic icon Author Topic: Crash Ryan Uploads  (Read 2574 times)

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Crash Ryan Uploads
« on: January 23, 2021, 09:58:22 PM »

Today, another shot at Life. Issue 876, 7 September 1899. Nice Mr Pipp center spread by Gibson.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
Re: Crash Ryan Uploads
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 05:55:33 PM »

La la la la Life goes on. Today I uploaded issue 856, 20 April 1899.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 04:52:21 AM »

Tonight I uploaded all eight issues of Bala Certera, a Spanish adventure series from the early 1940s. An early production of Editorial Bruguera, the book follows the adventures of a present-day writer-explorer in the jungle, on the high seas, in the Wild West...you know the drill. I apologize for these being in cbr format; in the future I'll unrar similar files and repackage them as zips.
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 08:45:38 AM »

Thanks Crash - they look great - I shall enjoy working through them later today!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 12:30:02 PM »

Wow!!!!! These are great. Not only good adventures but the layout is particularly individual.  Some nice wee points for someone like me who loves all the different ways of telling a story.  Here we have another mixture of the text strip and balloon strip, which occurred in a number of older British comics,  but with the text blocks positioned mid page with illos above and below.  Also, the word balloons are interesting as they use a tiny, at times hard to pick out lead to the speaker.  A bit like in manga.
Made my day.  Thanks Crash.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 12:40:44 AM »

I stumbled across a missing Super Detective Library. Issue #85, "The Java Wreckmen." Adapted from one of Frank Crisp's Dirk Rogers novels. Good story with nice Bill Lacey art. Enjoy!
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 04:37:13 AM »

Well, blow me down! I turned up a Zeg scan of the first issue of A Classic in Pictures (Oliver Twist), which we don't seem to have in our archive. Cecil Doughty art. Based on a book by some guy named Dickens.  It's on its way...
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 04:53:55 AM »

Well, blow me down! I turned up a Zeg scan of the first issue of A Classic in Pictures (Oliver Twist), which we don't seem to have in our archive. Cecil Doughty art. Based on a book by some guy named Dickens.  It's on its way...

Great news!!!  That series' version of "Ivanhoe" had an excellent level of quality!  Really superb art.  I can't wait to see it!
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 03:31:53 AM »

Tonight's obscure comic is a series after my own heart: it's about cool fantasy airplanes! Dani el Aviador is a 9-issue series from 1943-1944, published in Barcelona by Hispano Americana. Kudos to scanners Jorge-Ulises for this treasure.
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 09:22:04 AM »

Thanks to all for this - it's a gem
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 03:29:16 AM »

Thanks to the generous gentlebeings at BDExhumator, I've begun uploading a bunch of Petits Albums Pour Rire, a series of French cartoon pamphlets from the early 1850s. Fashions and foibles of Parisian (and military) life. In the French Language section.

Updated to add that I've completed the uploads, a total of 26 issues.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 04:49:22 AM by crashryan »
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2021, 02:39:58 AM »

Found and uploaded the second issue of Streamline, Denis Gifford's one-man show.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2022, 03:31:13 AM »

I just uploaded the missing issue (#6) of the Spanish s-f series Fredy Barton. I will be uploading a few more Spanish titles this coming week.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2022, 04:48:50 PM »

The art on Fredy Barton El Audaz was by Fernando Cabedo Torrents.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2022, 04:57:30 AM »

I just loaded all 18 issues of the 1957 Spanish cape-and-sword serial Intrigas y Estocadas (roughly, "Intrigues and Swordplay"). It's an interesting yarn illustrated by noted Catalan artist A. Batllori Jofre'.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2022, 06:53:22 PM »

Oops! I seem to have uploaded #16 twice. Can somebody administratorial please nuke one of them? Thanks.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2022, 02:47:07 AM »

Today I uploaded the eight issues of Gorgorito, a Spanish anthology comic from 1944. Westerns, historicals, and detective stories with nice pulp-style painted covers.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2022, 06:48:50 AM »

Today's upload from sunny Spain is 6 issues of the 9-issue adventure series El Capitan Leon by "P. Ogag" (probably Manuel Gago & friends). I only have 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7. Anyone have issues 4, 8, and 9?
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2022, 08:28:37 PM »

Just finished uploading the remaining issues of Colecci?n Comandos featuring Roy Clark. Find them in the Spanish language section. There are a total of 26 Roy Clark issues.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2022, 05:42:56 AM »

Tonight I uploaded three issues of the comics magazine Pimpinela to the Spanish Language section. Note that this is a different publication from the Pimpinela already on the site. That one, featuring adaptations of novels, was published in Buenos Aires by Editorial Codex. The new issues come from an anthology weekly published about the same time in Santiago, Chile by Editorial Marinetti. The only thing the two magazines share is the title...which offers plenty of opportunities to mix the two up. By the way, the last page of each issue features a certain sailor-suited representative of the genus Anas. Instead of dropping the page altogether I "redacted" it to maintain the proper page count.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2022, 07:56:37 PM »

Holey shirt! I somehow uploaded the unredacted versions of Pimpinela (Chile) #s 14 & 16. I am uploading the correct files. Obi-Wan Admins, please replace the old ones before the wrath of The Mouse descends upon us. I need to hone my uploading skills; I've made too many mistakes lately.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2022, 08:16:05 PM »

I really have to get my stuff together. Fifteen minutes ago when I checked the CB+ Pimpinela issues on my tablet, #s 14 and 16 were not redacted. Now, as I sit at my PC to upload the corrections, I find that the CB+ issues ARE redacted! To quote Clark Kent, "What th'--?!" How can this be? I do believe I am going mad.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2022, 08:42:32 PM »

Okay, I've figured it out. #s 14 and 16 were uploaded with both the original and redacted pages 32. So when I checked the uploads earlier by just pressing the "last" button I missed the real deal on the next-to-last page. When I checked the files page by page the truth (Captain Truth, that is) came out. So I have uploaded corrected versions of #14 and #16. Hopefully that will put an end to my foolishness. Sorry for all the drama.

ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2022, 11:16:38 PM »

Just uploaded a promotional comic, Famous Men of Music Series: The Life Story of Charlie Magnante. It was produced in 1953 to push Excelsior Accordions. Another gem for our squeezebox section. By the way, research suggests that there were no other entries in the Famous Men of Music Series. Somehow I'm not surprised.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2023, 12:49:59 AM »

I've just uploaded the entire run of the 1950s Spanish masked-crimefighter series La Sombra Justiciera. 47 landscape issues and one portrait-format annual. Thanks to Larabeau and Bogey-CRG.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1] 2

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.