in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Secret Rooms

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Secret Rooms  (Read 454 times)

Andrew999

message icon
Secret Rooms
« on: February 23, 2021, 08:44:52 AM »

Do you have a secret room in your place? A batcave? a space of solitude, a shed or a lair?

I have none of those things, living in a two-up two-down standard British home with three adults and a dog/food disposal unit. I even have to write in the dining room with people interrupting every two minutes (go away - I'm doing something really important here!)

Secret rooms seem to be the way to go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdhbAUQawX8

Chris Weir seems to be a man after my own heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVgQseleVNw

What would you have in your secret lair - other than a bar obviously
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Secret Rooms
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 01:01:20 PM »

Much the same for me as far as the size of house goes, so no secret room.  Were I to have one, a wine rack and a plumbed in espresso machine would be necessities. A good audio visual system which, with the privacy of a secret room, would let me watch old serials and b&w movies in peace with no interruptions.
Lots of good shelving for comics and a good desk with space for research and reference books. A pc and a really good armchair for reading and watching.
But as it's not going to happen, I'll keep using the spare room, where I can still do some of the above.  I just need to go to the kitchen to make coffee and pour the odd glass of collapso.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 01:39:24 PM »

Most Australians are suburbanites and until recently,  had enough space for a garage, or in Aussie Parlance, a shed.
The shed is traditionally the space of the man of the house, where he goes to be alone and do his thing. This is called a ManCave. This must have at least a small fridge to keep beer or wind cold, a good sound system and DVD player or Video internet access. It your shed is big enough you share it with your car or motorbike.
If you can play music, your instruments and amps are set up there. You get the idea. Oh, yeah, I forgot the pool table if you have the space.Oh yeah, forgot the pinball table or Arcade game machine. Or the two man football game table. 
These are a bit way over the top, but you get the basic idea. 

50 Best Man Cave Ideas and Designs for 2021
https://homebnc.com/best-man-cave-ideas-and-designs/

Garden shed pub man cave 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltldb732xwg

But actually I don't actually have one.

Cheers!

ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 06:23:06 PM »

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.