in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can't download ANY File - Can't even get Download menu

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Can't download ANY File - Can't even get Download menu  (Read 763 times)

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
Can't download ANY File - Can't even get Download menu
« on: March 28, 2021, 10:23:55 PM »

I need help.  I can download from other websites.  I can't even get the normal download menu.  I AM logged in.  I've tried it with several different browsers.  I don't think my security is blocking the menu from coming up.

I tried downloading ACG's Giggle Comics 24, and 25. 
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Can't download ANY File - Can't even get Download menu
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 03:10:32 AM »

I downloaded Giggle 24 without any problems. Guess it is a Mark problem
ip icon Logged

Steven Coates

message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 12:32:35 PM »

I am having the same difficulty. I've used multiple browsers and have tried wildly different files.  Currently message reads " Waiting for box01.comicbookplus.com..."
ip icon Logged

Steven Coates

message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 12:55:12 PM »

Follow up:
While I wrote the previous message I was also attempting a download and at some time in between the file did get downloaded.  I have tried again, a different file, it it is terribly slow for a 24mb file.
Gateway timeout.
No response on "save link as."
ip icon Logged

Steven Coates

message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 01:09:50 PM »

Follow up 2:
Surfed through some forum topics for a few minutes and returned to my comic of interest, clicked the download button and it downloaded in less than a minute. Tried another file, but no success, back to previous behaviour.
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 05:40:52 PM »

I tried downloading Giggle 24 again this morning, and I got the download menu, for the first time in 100 attempts. 
it took about 5 minutes to download.  Then, I downloaded Giggle 25, which went much faster, - only about 2 minutes.  Ever since I started downloading from this site, downloads have always been instant (about 10 seconds).  But, I can certainly live with 2 minutes per, if that remains permanent.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 06:30:43 AM »

I just downloaded both of them, almost instantly, no issues, opened them both, all pages open to be read perfectly.
Problem is likely with which-ever Browser you use,or perhaps you download through a firewall?
I use either Mozilla Firefox or Vivaldi as a browser. You can use multiple browsers and even have more than one open at the same time. You just have to select which one you want to be the default browser. 
In Firefox, you can whitelist CB+ which prevents losing access or having access interfered with.     
Please don't use Microsoft EDGE. 
Problem is definitely not CB+.
Do you have similar problems downloading from other sites? 

Hope you solve the problem. this type of problem is quite common and quite frustrating.

ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 08:45:36 PM »

I just downloaded both of them, almost instantly, no issues, opened them both, all pages open to be read perfectly.
Problem is likely with which-ever Browser you use,or perhaps you download through a firewall?
I use either Mozilla Firefox or Vivaldi as a browser. You can use multiple browsers and even have more than one open at the same time. You just have to select which one you want to be the default browser. 
In Firefox, you can whitelist CB+ which prevents losing access or having access interfered with.     
Please don't use Microsoft EDGE. 
Problem is definitely not CB+.
Do you have similar problems downloading from other sites? 
Hope you solve the problem. this type of problem is quite common and quite frustrating.

I was able to download a couple CB+ files yesterday, and they loaded instantly.  I have been having slower downloads from a few other websites, and when they've gone very slow, several of them interrupted (abandoned) the download.  I use Firefox, and my firewall is off for CB+.
Is the "Whitelist" function in Firefox Preferences in "Security"?
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 05:06:55 AM »

Robb, I don't actually use the whitelist process, so I don't personally know how its done.

But there is some advice here.
How To Whitelist a Website To Allow Access
https://securitygladiators.com/whitelist-website/

The best option is probably this one.

How Do I Whitelist a Website in Windows 10? Scroll down the page.

Hope it helps.

Can't even get Download menu
That may indicate that your Registry is corrupted and needs a repair.
If you know someone who is canny with IT, they can do that for you.
My own computer is having registry problems but I have found that using the manual shortcut keys still does the trick.
To get the download menu, press [CTRL plus T]
Here is a PDF with most of the shortcuts. Its worth printing them out and keeping them handy.
https://www.bilimtook.com/2020/08/computer-shortcut-keys.html

These three are really handy!

CTRL + C    Copy the selected item.
CTRL + X    Cut the selected item.
CTRL + V    Paste the selected item.

Cheers!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.