in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How the heck does 'Search' work on the site?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: How the heck does 'Search' work on the site?  (Read 2854 times)

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
How the heck does 'Search' work on the site?
« on: January 19, 2007, 05:57:33 AM »

Hi Guys,
I've been wondering for a while just how the search function works?
I've tried several things to get a listing of the latest uploads without any luck.
I've used 'NEW' and 'January' and got some very strange results.   ???

Am I doing something wrong here?  Just curious,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
Re: How the heck does 'Search' work on the site?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 02:34:02 AM »

As far as l know it only works on comic names nothing else, since "new" and January" are not part of the names it will not find them. Perhaps Serj could come up with something
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 02:35:44 AM by aussie500 »
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 02:40:07 PM »

There's probably a smarter approach, but I've found that searching for "c" (just the letter) appears to catch every book for no obvious reason (they're all "comics" maybe?).  Jump to the end of the results page, because they're sorted by date...almost.  Occasionally, a few are higher on the list than they should be, so you might also use the browser to search for "NEW" in the page.
ip icon Logged

citaltras

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 04:39:23 PM »

There's probably a smarter approach, but I've found that searching for "c" (just the letter) appears to catch every book for no obvious reason (they're all "comics" maybe?).  Jump to the end of the results page, because they're sorted by date...almost.  Occasionally, a few are higher on the list than they should be, so you might also use the browser to search for "NEW" in the page.

It works!
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 05:55:16 AM »

Interesting.
Thanks for the info jcolag.
ip icon Logged

linkyaco

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: linkyaco
message icon
SEARCH for "comics": How the heck does 'Search' work on the site?
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 01:06:29 PM »

since most comic books have the word "comics" appended (Capt. America COMICS), the word comics, or any of the letters in the word "comic" will bring up a NEARLY complete list of the inventory.

For a more complete inventory, try a search on the letter "E" which will bring up most of the comics missed by the "comics" search.

Since all files are listed in chrono order, the latest ones are at the bottom.

We do not have the capability to sort this list by alpha order or sort by any other order.

=link

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.