in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Regards from Serbia

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Regards from Serbia  (Read 406 times)

zograf

message icon
Regards from Serbia
« on: May 30, 2021, 07:37:02 PM »

Hello! My name is Sa?a Rakezić, and I draw comics under the pseudonym of Aleksandar Zograf. More info on  www.aleksandarzograf.com
See you!
S.
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
Re: Regards from Serbia
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 08:07:36 PM »

Dobrodosli Sasa! You are amongst friends here!
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 02:23:58 AM »

Welcome zograf, [ALEKSANDAR ZOGRAF] You have definitely come to the right place.
I quote from the interview on your site,
http://www.aleksandarzograf.com/whois.html
INTERVIEW
I was always amazed by the art produced in long-gone times,because artefacts from the past are ideas from the past, which are still alive and still filled with energy. The area where I'm living is rich with archaeological remains, and it was a centre of some neolithic civilization. We don't know who these people were, we don't know their language and can't say much about their religion, but sometimes I think that I can feel the radiation from underground, some kind of energy made of their smiles, their loves and hates, their beliefs, their life force. When you look carefully at art objects from the past, you can see how close they are to elementary feelings, to mystery, to a natural expression of being. You can very often see drawings of pottery in my comics - I found ancient pottery fascinating, because it is a very old medium where drawings are shown. Some of the ancient Greek vases have caricatured drawings on them, in a style surprisingly similar to modern comics.

Personally, I feel I am continuing an old line of art which has its roots in the Balkan peninsula, and which is connected to prehistoric and ancient Greek culture. Even my pseudonym (Aleksandar Zograf) shows it - Zograf is an old term, used in the circle of Greek orthodox civilization (where Serbia also belongs), and its meaning is simply "painter" (or, literally, "the one who makes things alive by drawings"). All of the authors of icons and fresco paintings were adding the word "Zograf" to their first name. 

Great pseudonym!
Narrative visual art, of course, can be traced back to the Egyptians and even earlier.

Because I think you would be interested and may even be able to contribute some useful posts,
here is a link to
The Vintage Inkwell academy.
https://tvia.ingenuityserials.com/ 
This is a site created by a member of CB+. To quote the man himself,
a collaborative resource established to provide instructional tools, and a support exchange for creators of content infused with the same spirit, energy and intent of the Platinum and Golden-Age comics.

So welcome and enjoy. Please join in the posts, I think we will find you have a lot to share with us.

Cheers!
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 03:02:51 AM »

Welcome Zograf!  I, too like to draw stories, and tell them with pictures.  I came to this website to see all the old comic books and highly illustrated books from the early 1900s to the 1960s, to see the history of illustrated comics and books, and to get ideas.  I like to write and draw about previous times in an old-fashioned style.  I'm sure you will find a lot of stories to read here, and a lot of artwork to enjoy, just as I have.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.