in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 185 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Animated Movies and TV shows

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Animated Movies and TV shows  (Read 478 times)

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Animated Movies and TV shows
« on: June 11, 2021, 05:23:11 AM »

Wasting my time again (?) found this doco.

The Story of Batman The Animated Series | The Heart of Batman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIfq88s4lzM

Must See. This is in fact a documentary that covers the rebirth of TV animation in the '90's - by the creators - like Bruce Timm and Paul Dini.
Looking at Timm's model sheets, my thought was, this man knows his Alex Toth - there just has to be a huge influence. [And yes, he namechecks Toth and Dan DeCarlo
Warning - lot of criticism of 'SuperFriends' - by the team that created it!

Quotes
'Every animated cartoon or movie since 1989 has been influenced by Tim Burton's Batman. '

'I call a lot of the stuff today, tonnage. It's forgettable. And its  not the fault of the writers, its not the fault of the animators, but I do think its the fault of people who are above them. that were in marketing and merchandising and are fearful. They second guess the writers, they second guess the artists. Most importantly, they second guess the audience. And you can't have a successful show if you are second guessing your demographic. Because you will never achieve anything of merit. SYDNEY IWANTER [vice-president of programming for kids - Warner Bros]i 

Found that after finding this.

Gen 13 (Rare DC Comics Movie)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KNlBpZBwc0
Not a huge expert on Gen13 so I don't know if it is true to the comic.
There are several versions of the movie on YouTube.
This is the best print.
Grunge, believe it or not, is voiced by 'Flea' But of course.
The Villain [Threshold] is voiced by Mark Hamilll who seems to excel voicing Villians. His 'Joker' has turned heads.
Top 10 Times Mark Hamill?s Joker Terrified Us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nn8rKkITww

Didn't know this existed. It was produced by Disney - but they must have let it die quietly.
Perhaps because of the mild and in character adolescent sexist comments by Grunge.
What stands out for me, is the bad guys, who are really nasty.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 06:49:02 AM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.