in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Invincible (Image Comics, Amazon Prime)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Invincible (Image Comics, Amazon Prime)  (Read 2381 times)

gregjh

message icon
Invincible (Image Comics, Amazon Prime)
« on: June 15, 2021, 02:36:35 PM »

Highly recommended. Despite being animation, this is not for younger children. I am not familiar with the comic book plot - I boycott Image Comics for reasons I won't go into - but this show is excellently written and acted. The pacing is also spot on with a great balance of action, character development and plot twists. The show also incorporates diversity without making it feel forced and political as many new shows do.

I'm up to episode 4 if anyone wants to join me for a watch-along. Catch up quickly though, I can't wait for long on this one.

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Invincible (Image Comics, Amazon Prime)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 04:19:21 PM »

Can't join you in a watch-a-long as I don't have prime, for reasons I wont go into.  Oh. ok, I will, I try to avoid amazon where possible. 
I do enjoy a lot of superhero animation.
The recent DC JSA WW2 animation is good, imo.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 06:40:22 PM »

Great comic, fantastically gory though.  Some fun touches of humor.
The show is as well.  It's nicely done though not completely faithful to the comic but that's not a big problem IMO.  A very good voice cast.

NOT for the kids for sure!

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 01:53:37 AM »

NOT for the kids for sure!

You can probably stop your own kids - or grandkids [When they are at your house], but really, when they can access streaming on their mobile phones, who is really going to stop them?   
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 03:30:26 PM »

True enough.
Makes me glad I grew up before the internet came along.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Rintintin

message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 07:33:50 PM »

I boycott Image Comics for reasons I won't go into

Most all their comics degenerate into some Erik Larsen comic at some point? Snotgirl started out great then ended up like that, complete with big boobs in latex.
ip icon Logged

gregjh

message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 05:12:28 AM »

I boycott Image Comics for reasons I won't go into

Most all their comics degenerate into some Erik Larsen comic at some point? Snotgirl started out great then ended up like that, complete with big boobs in latex.

Not so much about the comic contents as Larsen's attitude to people and on one occasion me personally is my problem. That said, I won't deny his creative skills.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.