in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Greetings from Finland

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Greetings from Finland  (Read 517 times)

DeltaGuyFromAlpha

message icon
Greetings from Finland
« on: July 13, 2021, 07:09:38 PM »

Hi everybody! I was looking for a source for Rick Random comic books and stumbled into this fine site: thank you guys for preserving these artifacts which are very important to us old Gen X geezers  :)
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Greetings from Finland
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 07:21:22 PM »

Happy to help DeltaGuy and welcome to CB+.  I'm sure you'll find a lot more good art and storytelling.  Have a look around, and join in the conversations.  Post your thoughts on Rick Random.  We're always interested to read what members have to say.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 02:09:58 AM »

Hi Deltaguy from Alpha1

which are very important to us old Gen X geezers

How did you know?! Actually there are quite a few Baby Boomers here too!
I have met a few Fins in my travels.
Am also seriously impressed by the quality of music that comes from there.
The work of Pekka Pohjola,, Jukka Tolonen, Tasavallan  Presdenti. And from the 70's, WIGWAM.
But what I really want to know, what can you tell us about Finnish comics?

Cheers and Welcome!     
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 10:50:23 PM »

Hi everybody! I was looking for a source for Rick Random comic books and stumbled into this fine site: thank you guys for preserving these artifacts which are very important to us old Gen X geezers  :) 

Ystavallinen terveiset, DeltaGuyFromAlpha!  My brother attended Oulu University for a couple years, and lived in Oulu.  I have a good friend there, and many others in southern Finland.  I also work for Sanoma Magazines' Aku Ankka, drawing and writing stories starring Roope Seta and Aku Ankka.  I don't know anything about Rick Random, but I do know that as a comic book fan, you will find thousands of old comic books to read on this website, and lots of other forum members with whom to discuss those books' stories and characters.  Enjoy your time here. 

What is the range of ages in The X-Generation of Geezers? I'm almost exactly 3/4 of a century old.  Am I too old or too young to be in that group?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 12:41:46 AM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 11:59:04 PM »

Welcome, indeed! You've probably already found them, but there are plenty of Rick Random stories in the UK section Super Detective Library. There are also a few in the French section, Aventures de Demain, but I think they duplicate the British ones.
ip icon Logged

FraBig

message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 10:02:35 AM »

Welcome DeltaGuyFromAlpha! This is the perfect place to be if you're looking for old comics!

And Robb, usually Generation X is considered the generation of people born between 1965-1980 circa.
So I guess, given you are almost 75 years old (3/4 of a century), you would be part of the Baby Boomers (1946-1964).

Obviously these are just conventional classifications and those dates are pretty arbitrary, I think the system of classification of the generations is pretty useless and inaccurate, honestly.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.