in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,806 books
 New: 184 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

question about Son Of Vulcan

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: question about Son Of Vulcan  (Read 882 times)

Decay666

message icon
question about Son Of Vulcan
« on: July 18, 2021, 07:34:18 PM »

Hello.
sorry for my very bad english (I'm italian).
I have just a question: the character Son Of Vulcan in copyright of DC comics, a new version of the character. But the Charlton version? and the Charlton comics? are of not in PD?

Thanks
ip icon Logged

Florian R. Guillon

message icon
Re: question about Son Of Vulcan
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 05:07:18 PM »

Glad to see you here! (je t'ai reconnu) ;)

I understand the Charlton characters are a bit tricky, maybe someone involved with The Charlton Arrow could give you a better answer. As a writer, I tend to stay away from Charlton characters.

(si tu veux, on en cause sur messagerie)
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 06:06:05 PM »

Buongiorno Decay666 e benvenuto a CB+.  Nessun problema, il tuo inglese e meglio che il mio italiano.
Charlton Son of Vulcan comics non sono sotto copyright - sono pd. Sono disponibile su CB+
DC Son of Vulcan  e un altra cosa.  Non avvicinarsi ai fumetti DC. Troppo pericoloso.
Dunque, sviluppando nuove storie di Son of Vulcan potrebbe essere un problema e sarebbe meglio evitarlo.
Se vorresti, mandarmi un messaggio via pm.
ip icon Logged

FraBig

message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 07:03:26 PM »

Hi Decay! I'm Italian too so I'll write this both in English and in Italian.

ENG
DC Comics bought the rights for Charlton characters in the 80s, so everything published before is public domain. Son of Vulcan made some appearances in various Charlton comics, and he got a solo series (just 2 issues) which is available here, you can read it using this link:
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=2410

ITA
La DC compro' i diritti dei personaggi Charlton negli anni 80, quindi tutto cio' che e' stato pubblicato prima e' nel pubblico dominio. Son of Vulcan appari' in qualche storia in diversi albi Charlton, ma ebbe anche una serie di soli 2 numeri, che puoi leggere cliccando il link che ho copiato di sopra.

Spero di esserti stato utile!  ;D

Edit: ho dovuto sostituire tutti gli accenti con apostrofi perche' ComicBookPlus non supporta i caratteri accentati.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 06:51:12 AM by FraBig »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 07:27:03 AM »

Hey! This is great. And I get a free Italian lesson.  I need it. And with Florian, my French might improve. 
Grazie, merci!
ip icon Logged

FraBig

message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 03:57:02 PM »

Hahahah Paw

Beware that all the apostrophes I put at the end of the words should be accent marks, but ComicBookPlus doesn't support accents, so I had to use apostrophes.
ip icon Logged

Decay666

message icon
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 03:42:06 PM »

great!
merci a tous! grazie a tutti voi! thanks to everybody !
ip icon Logged

Decay666

message icon
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 03:42:31 PM »

Glad to see you here! (je t'ai reconnu) ;)

I understand the Charlton characters are a bit tricky, maybe someone involved with The Charlton Arrow could give you a better answer. As a writer, I tend to stay away from Charlton characters.

(si tu veux, on en cause sur messagerie)

Merci Flo
ip icon Logged

Decay666

message icon
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 03:44:24 PM »

Hi Decay! I'm Italian too so I'll write this both in English and in Italian.

ENG
DC Comics bought the rights for Charlton characters in the 80s, so everything published before is public domain. Son of Vulcan made some appearances in various Charlton comics, and he got a solo series (just 2 issues) which is available here, you can read it using this link:
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=2410

ITA
La DC compro' i diritti dei personaggi Charlton negli anni 80, quindi tutto cio' che e' stato pubblicato prima e' nel pubblico dominio. Son of Vulcan appari' in qualche storia in diversi albi Charlton, ma ebbe anche una serie di soli 2 numeri, che puoi leggere cliccando il link che ho copiato di sopra.

Spero di esserti stato utile!  ;D

Edit: ho dovuto sostituire tutti gli accenti con apostrofi perche' ComicBookPlus non supporta i caratteri accentati.

grazie tantsissimo.
si, so che la DC ha comprato una parte dei personaggi Charlton. A me quello che interessa ? il eprsonaggio pi? che il nome, anche se posso modificarlo. poi la storia posso completamente cambiarla...
grazie ancora!!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.