in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

hi from kansas

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: hi from kansas  (Read 436 times)

peecharrifica

message icon
hi from kansas
« on: September 14, 2021, 08:11:39 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm peech and it's nice to meet you all! I'm currently in grad school with a fellowship at Vizling - an app being designed to help people who live on the spectrum of blindness be able to enjoy comics, graphic novels, and more. I'm trying desperately to get in touch with the CB+ team to ask that Vizling be able to include the offerings here on the app, but I also just like meeting people, reading comics and graphic novels, and talking about comics and graphic novels!

Nice to meet you all in advance! Have a super duper day!
-P
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: hi from kansas
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 11:10:26 PM »

peecharrifica,

Welcome! Sounds like a great project to be involved with! Someone from the ADMiN team may read this and  PM - Personal Message-  you. If you look at your post on the site, at bottom left you will see a number of small icons. Hover over the word balloon and you will see 'Personal Message' click on that and you can send a message to someone that does not appear on the open forum. You will also get an email in your account.
Also, on the page you access when you log on, just above and to the right of your AVatar icon are a number of yellow tags.  One of these is 'my messages' - when someone sends you one, the number (1) will show up there. Click on the TAB to go to your message. So, wait for a response to this, and if you get a PM - respond to it. 
I also just like meeting people, reading comics and graphic novels, and talking about comics and graphic novels! 

Please come aboard and join in the discussion. Plenty of comics and other things to chat about. Graphic Novels tho, were not a thing back in the Golden Age. but have a look at the 'Compilations' section.
Cheers!     
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 02:38:32 AM »

Graphic Novels tho, were not a thing back in the Golden Age.

True, but we do have on site a couple of early steps in that direction:

Anarcho, Dictator of Death (Fawcett, 1947): https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=58562

It Rhymes with Lust (St. John, 1950): https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=62011

I seem to remember another example, an extra-length full-issue mystery story about a guy trying to rescue his kidnapped girlfriend from a family of loonies, but I can't quite pull it from the slag heap of my memory. Can anyone else name this book?

ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 06:06:03 AM »

I believe we also used to have, what was probably the first comic book graphic novel,

the Captain Mavel story, the Monster Society of Evil.
But no longer, for legal reasons.       
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 06:17:10 AM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 01:53:41 AM »

Welcome glad you blew in. Thank you for the work you are doing and we are honored you want to use our offerings. Feel free to use any of the books here.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.