in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

RAR vs CBR BLACK TERROR 1

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: RAR vs CBR BLACK TERROR 1  (Read 5584 times)

moonled

• VIP
message icon
RAR vs CBR BLACK TERROR 1
« on: November 05, 2006, 05:08:34 AM »

This site is WONDERFUL, esp since you've added a Nedor section and a forum! :D

I am having trouble with the DL of BLACK TERROR 1.  It DLs as a rar file and unlike most rars doesn't seem to want to convert to cbr.  Can someone tell me if that can be done? ???
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
Re: RAR vs CBR BLACK TERROR 1
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 05:10:38 AM »

Ill go take a look now for you and post back with my results
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 05:15:20 AM »

I downloaded the rar file fine and renamed the extension to .cbr and it renamed fine.

I have deleted the .rar file off the site anyway and currently uploading the renamed .cbr version to the site and will re-add 20MB to your bandwidth so you can download it again.

If you have anymore trouble be sure to post back.
ip icon Logged

moonled

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 05:29:01 AM »

Thank you kindly!
ip icon Logged

moonled

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 05:31:59 AM »

Can't get it right now; I probly DLed some more Fawcett stuff with the bw you added ... but don't worry about it, I'll get it next time.  Appreciate your efforts! ;D
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 05:37:33 AM »

Can't get it right now; I probly DLed some more Fawcett stuff with the bw you added ... but don't worry about it, I'll get it next time.  Appreciate your efforts! ;D

Why can't you get it? Just wondering as if its a error message or another problem let me/us know and we can fix it.
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 05:46:52 AM »

I think he was probably downloading stuff when you gave him the extra bandwidth and he accidentally "ate it all up."

Y'know, I have had the occasional error with .rar or .zip files refusing to cooperate while switching to .cbr or .cbz - usually, I had a piece of software open that was still referring to them, such as my photo imaging program (where I was editing a scan or working on its color, for instance). Perhaps that was the problem.
ip icon Logged

moonled

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 04:48:18 AM »

I think Aratak was right, I got the error message about bandwidth.

But now I'm having the same trouble with Black Terror 2.  DLs as rar, I renamed it cbr, it changed its name to cbr but description still says rar and can't open it with cbr.  No trouble with any other titles, and I even got all the other Nedors OK. 
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 11:22:54 AM »

Are you 100% sure you are changing the extension to .cbr from .rar? Or you just renaming it?

If in XP etc turn on view extensions so you can see the filename like: comic name.rar then you can edit the extension.

Or you can still open the rar file with your comic viewer worse case as CDisplay etc can open the .rar file if you open the file with CDisplay etc.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.