in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,818 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

The Horrors of it All

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: The Horrors of it All  (Read 6752 times)

Nyarlathotep

message icon
The Horrors of it All
« on: July 02, 2010, 01:35:27 PM »

Another site I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from, The Horrors of it All blog.  It features a lot of pre-code horror comic stories and other niftiness.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: The Horrors of it All
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 02:01:55 PM »

Another site I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from, The Horrors of it All blog.  It features a lot of pre-code horror comic stories and other niftiness.

A favored blog -- tons of good stuff!

B.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 02:20:34 PM »

"and other niftiness" - love it. 
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 02:53:54 PM »

I have found that a lot of material that he posts hasn't been posted at any sites that I visit.

His images have been really nicely edited, and he usually includes the cover and an ad, posting a couple stories from a single book over a number of days.

Great visual treats from Karswell. I am a big fan.
ip icon Logged

Maximilian

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 05:56:18 PM »

You may have caught these already, but I posted some Karswell scans as cbrs recently, with his permission of course.
Chamber of Chills 008 with three stories and Chamber of Chill 023 with 4 stories.

I really like the way he brightens the page, brings up the white and deepens the colors.  Ha, I just realized how incongruous that sounds. He brightens the page when he brings us tales of death and mayhem.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 01:54:54 AM »

great job compiling and posting those, Max.  And even better that you credit Karswell.
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 07:03:51 PM »

The Horrors of it All site is what lead me to searching for downloads of older Horror Comics on the net, that search finally led me to this board.
ip icon Logged

CreepysFan

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 04:16:24 AM »

"The Bloody Pulp" is a great blog site, if like me, you really dig the B&W horror comic magazines from the late `60's and early `70's.  It's strickly Eerie Publishing though, no Warren or Skywald stuff.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 11:22:41 AM »

Most of those are reprints of pre-code gold. Some of it is redone. I ran into a story that was reprinted like the original but reprinted later with a new name and some more modern looking touchups
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 09:17:38 PM »

"The Bloody Pulp" is a great blog site, if like me, you really dig the B&W horror comic magazines from the late `60's and early `70's.  It's strickly Eerie Publishing though, no Warren or Skywald stuff.

I checked out Bloody Pulp and found a few other great sites with downloads of some fine comics, but I'm not so sure that some aren't still copyright protected so I won't say which sites I found just yet.
ip icon Logged

Mystikos

message icon
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 02:50:40 AM »

I have found that a lot of material that he posts hasn't been posted at any sites that I visit.

His images have been really nicely edited, and he usually includes the cover and an ad, posting a couple stories from a single book over a number of days.

Great visual treats from Karswell. I am a big fan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes! This is an excellent blog! The other great thing is that they all link together, so if you find one you are off and running on a cyber journey!

Builderboy:  Great choice of avatar: Stardust! He's a real gem to me. I am going to put together a Stardust cbr for my own enjoyment. I'm an artist myself and am even tempted to redraw the story from Fantastic #12 for fun-- it's only 6 pages! Stardust is smooth with the ladies:

"Would you like to come to my private star? It's very restful there."

Ha!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.