in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Wonder Comics #15-16

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Wonder Comics #15-16  (Read 3026 times)

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
Wonder Comics #15-16
« on: July 11, 2010, 01:05:37 PM »

This specifically relates to the Grim Reaper story.

I have "The Master of Treachery" (7 pages) story. Comics.org indicates that story is from Wonder Comics #15. However, the Keltner index says the GR story in #15 is 10 pages, #16 is 7 pages.

So, I'm not sure which is correct, although the scan available here is part of #15.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Wonder Comics #15-16
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 11:41:49 PM »

So it looks like comics.org is correct?
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 03:11:11 PM »

So it looks like comics.org is correct?

Yoc over on DCM indicates:
"Hi Roy,
I've seen two sets of different scans for Wonder 15 but both came from coverless books.
I've also seen this same story reprinted in AC's Men_Of_Mystery_II_#28 and it lists the source (which AC normally is terrible for not doing) as Wonder 16.
So I guess until a c2c scan shows up we wont know for sure which it is.  But yes, Keltner appears to think we have #16 and not #15.

Thanks for pointing this out,
-Yoc"
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 01:08:41 PM »

I just got a hard copy of Wonder Comics #16 which indeed has the "Master of Treachery" story.
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »

Currently we have the following issues listed:

Wonder Comics 015 (1947) INC
Wonder Comics 016 (diff ver)
Wonder Comics 016 GrimReaper Spectro Tara WonderMan txt only

(see https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1426)

They are basically the same in content. As per the rest of this topic, I think we have #16 only. Should we consolidate the best parts of these scans into one and delete the listing for #15?
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.