in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

" The Boys' Champion Story Paper " - did it really exist ?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: " The Boys' Champion Story Paper " - did it really exist ?  (Read 481 times)

PeterH

message icon
" The Boys' Champion Story Paper " - did it really exist ?
« on: November 01, 2022, 01:25:10 PM »

I've recently come across a book, probably from the 1920's (?), which has inside the front cover a printed bookplate which reads as " The BOYS' CHAMPION Story Paper.  PRIZE ".  Trying to search for information about The Boys' Champion only results in material relating to The Champion Book for Boys.  Was the Boys's Champion Story Paper a separate entity ? Who published it ? When was it published ?
Gratefull for any information.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: " The Boys' Champion Story Paper " - did it really exist ?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 02:51:16 PM »

Hi Peter, having had a look at some info sites I can't find any mention of the book, nor is it a title I recognise. 
Is there an indicia in the book?  Friardale has nothing listed under that title.
Any chance you could scan the bookplate, or take a picture?
The only other suggestion I have is post a question on comicsuk.co.uk. 
Please post any further info you find.  I'm curious.
ip icon Logged

PeterH

message icon
Re: " The Boys' Champion Story Paper " - did it really exist ?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 03:39:33 PM »

Thanks for the response, Paw Broon. Much appreciated, and pleasing in way to know that I'm not the only one stumped by this one.  If I find out some more, I'll post it here.  A scan of the bookplate  probably isn't going to add much as it's just a plain pink paper, c. 3 x 2 inches, with the text set in a wavy-lined border and printed in black. 
The search will continue ...
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.