in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello! I'm Zallo

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello! I'm Zallo  (Read 358 times)

Zallo

message icon
Hello! I'm Zallo
« on: November 21, 2022, 03:43:31 PM »

Hello hello, I'm Zallo, also called Spello in different places. I stumbled across this place while searching for comic-centered forums. This isn't specifically the angle I'm accustomed to. I'm more interested in the comic making process and fellow creators, but this is definitely an interesting place! Anyway: I'm a freelance illustrator and began working in indie comics a couple years ago. I'm new to the game but love sequential art and storytelling. I'm hoping to find some fellow comic creators and creatives here. I saw at least 1 thread about digital comic AKA webcomic creation so that gives me some hope! :D I draw stuff and tell stories
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hello! I'm Zallo
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 05:06:49 PM »

Hello, hello, hello, Zallo.  We might be able to help.  Have a look at TVIA:-
https://vintageinkwell.com/
https://www.reddit.com/r/vintageinkwell/
It's a wonderful resource.
CB+ also has a "Shameless Self-Promotion section:-
https://comicbookplus.com/forum/?board=23.0
where you can post samples of your work, if you fancy.
We count a number of comics creators as members.  Have a look around and join in the conversations. Even more important, enjoy the comics.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 03:34:06 AM »

Zallo,
Paw has said everything I would have said.
Welcome, - from whence come you? Our membership spans the globe.
Please do post samples of your work - we would be very interested in it.
There are comic creators here - some still working - but mostly not cutting edge Digital comics.
If you wanted to start your own thread on Digital comics, please go ahead.     
Have a really good look around - there is much more here than just comic books  - although everything is comic book related. We are primarily about saving and making freely available comic books that are now in the public domain - meaning nobody owns the copyrights to them.
That also means you can use them and make new works about them yourself, but you can't own the rights to the character. You need to check before you decide to do this, tho.

Welcome and enjoy!     
ip icon Logged

Zallo

message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 04:15:17 AM »

Thank you for the warm welcome! I’m still getting my bearings around the forum and looking through some of the different archived works. Related to old and sometimes considered lost content, I collected a series of magazines from 1956-1957 and they have illustrations by artists the internet doesn’t know, but they’re marvelous pieces of advertising illustration. Are scans of those something I could share here as well?

I’ll try to dive into some conversation sooner than later, I do recognize a couple of names here from another forum I go to! :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.