in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello I am new here.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello I am new here.  (Read 371 times)

RollingJayHawk

message icon
Hello I am new here.
« on: December 04, 2022, 08:30:11 PM »

Hello.  Found this site, and it looks really cool! I'm excited to see some golden age stuff! Haven't really gotten into anything this old before, so I'm excited.  Definitely want to read the old Green Hornet stuff.  Any recommendations for stuff on here that represents the best of the golden age?
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Hello I am new here.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 12:52:39 AM »

Hello and Welcome RollingJayHawk.

Best to take your time and look around the site and get familiar with it. There is so much here, that can take a while.
This site is about making available books that are PD. That means they are in the Public Domain. That means that nobody or company currently has a copyright, so they can be put up here by volunteers for people like myself and yourself to enjoy. They come from volunteers collections, which is why the quality is not always perfect . 
So that limits us to the 'Golden Age' and older, up to about 1964.   
So, many well-known characters can't appear here since they are still in copyright.
So no Marvel/Atlas or DC books and so on.
Right at the top of the page - far top left - there is a search box.
If you are searching for, say, Green Hornet, put that in there and see what you find.

So, welcome, dive in, enjoy!  Read the threads, post!
cheers!     
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hello I am new here.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 08:55:15 AM »

Hello RollingJayHawk.  Welcome to CB+.  Panther has laid it out for you so you're good to go.
Lots to discover and enjoy.
As for the best of the GA,  there is so much to get into and some of us might disagree about choices. But, I'm a huge Black Terror fan.  Many of the Xela ( Alex Schomburg) covers are great and later interior art by Robinson and Meskin is well worth a look. Frank Quitely recently wrote saying how good some of the covers and splash pages were.
Also take a look at the Quality section.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.