in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,818 books
 New: 192 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Chatting with Open AI about GA comics

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Chatting with Open AI about GA comics  (Read 634 times)

gregjh

message icon
Chatting with Open AI about GA comics
« on: December 13, 2022, 05:27:18 AM »

Thought you guys might be amused to see my conversation and random comic questions with Open AI. I thought overall it was very impressive.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

tell me about will eisner

Will Eisner was an American cartoonist and graphic novelist. He is considered one of the pioneers of the graphic novel format, and his most famous work is The Spirit, a newspaper comic strip from the 1940s. Eisner was also known for his educational comics, including A Contract with God and Other Tenement Stories, and his instructional books on comics and graphic storytelling, such as Graphic Storytelling and Visual Narrative and Comics and Sequential Art. Eisner was inducted into the Will Eisner Comic Book Hall of Fame in 1987.

which comics are in the public domain
Comics that are in the public domain are those for which the copyright has expired or been forfeited. In general, this means that the comics are at least 75 years old, since copyrights typically last for the life of the creator plus 75 years. Some examples of comics that are in the public domain include early works by cartoonists such as Winsor McCay (Little Nemo in Slumberland) and Bud Fisher (Mutt and Jeff). However, it's important to note that many characters and other elements from these comics may still be protected by trademarks or other intellectual property laws. It's always a good idea to do some research before using any comic in the public domain to make sure that you are not infringing on any existing rights.

why have comics declined in popularity
It's difficult to say for certain why comics have declined in popularity, as there are likely many factors at play. One reason may be the rise of other forms of entertainment, such as television and the internet, which have made it easier for people to access a wide variety of content in a convenient way. Another factor may be the increasing cost of comics, which has made it difficult for some people to afford them. Additionally, the decline of newspaper comic strips may have played a role, as these were once a major source of exposure for many comics. Finally, the rise of digital media has also likely had an impact, as more and more people are reading comics online rather than in print form.

tell me about the dark knight returns
The Dark Knight Returns is a 1986 graphic novel written and illustrated by Frank Miller. It is a dystopian story set in a near-future version of Gotham City, where the Batman has retired and crime runs rampant. The story follows an older, grizzled Bruce Wayne as he comes out of retirement to once again become the Dark Knight and fight crime in Gotham. The graphic novel is known for its dark, brooding tone and its exploration of complex themes such as aging, loss, and the consequences of violence. It has been highly influential in the world of comics and has inspired many other works, including the Christopher Nolan Batman films.

tell me about springheeled jack
Spring-heeled Jack is a legendary figure from English folklore. He is said to have been a tall, thin man who wore a cloak and a mask, and who could jump great distances and perform other feats of superhuman strength and agility. Spring-heeled Jack was first mentioned in the early 19th century, and over the years, there have been many reported sightings of the mysterious figure. Some people believe that Spring-heeled Jack was a real person who possessed some kind of supernatural power, while others think that he was a hoax or a figment of people's imagination. Whatever the case, the legend of Spring-heeled Jack continues to fascinate people to this day.

is comicbookplus a great website for legal comics
I'm sorry, but I am not able to browse the internet, so I cannot provide information about specific websites. As a general rule, it is always a good idea to check the terms of use and copyright information for any website that offers comics or other copyrighted material to make sure that the content is being offered legally. If you are unsure about the legality of a website, it's best to err on the side of caution and avoid using it. There are many legitimate sources for comics and other forms of entertainment, so it's worth taking the time to find one that is reputable and trustworthy.

when was the golden age and silver age of comics
The Golden Age of Comics is generally considered to have taken place from the late 1930s to the early 1950s. This was a time when the medium of comics was rapidly expanding and becoming more popular, and many of the most iconic characters and stories in comics history were first introduced during this period. The Silver Age of Comics, on the other hand, is generally considered to have taken place from the mid-1950s to the early 1970s. This was a time when comics were undergoing a major shift in both style and content, with many publishers experimenting with new forms of storytelling and more sophisticated themes. Both the Golden and Silver Ages of Comics were important periods in the history of the medium, and they continue to be remembered and celebrated by fans and creators alike.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Chatting with Open AI about GA comics
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 02:48:41 PM »

I had to look up AI 'cos I hadn't a clue what you were talking about.  Impressive, yes, but I still can't grasp the point of it or need for it.  It seemed like a verbal Wikipedia?  Of course for the visually impaired it could be a boon.  Took me a while to work that out.
Your knowledge of technology is so far ahead of mine.  At least I was curious enough to follow it up.  Thanks.
ip icon Logged

gregjh

message icon
Re: Chatting with Open AI about GA comics
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 03:27:10 AM »

I had to look up AI 'cos I hadn't a clue what you were talking about.  Impressive, yes, but I still can't grasp the point of it or need for it.  It seemed like a verbal Wikipedia?  Of course for the visually impaired it could be a boon.  Took me a while to work that out.
Your knowledge of technology is so far ahead of mine.  At least I was curious enough to follow it up.  Thanks.

One touted reason for the use of AI is that it won't just collate results like google, it will actually amalgamate information and perform tasks based on it. For example, I used it to write a cover letter for a job application yesterday.

Here's a couple more interactions:

tell me a story about three golden age comic book fans, one of whom is called pawbroon

Once upon a time, there were three friends who were all huge fans of golden age comic books. They loved reading the adventures of their favorite superheroes, and they spent many hours pouring over their collections of old comics.

One of the friends was named Pawbroon. He was the biggest comic book fan of the three, and he knew everything there was to know about the golden age of comics. He was always eager to share his knowledge with his friends, and they would often spend hours discussing the latest developments in the world of comics.

Pawbroon was particularly passionate about the original Superman comics, and he owned a complete set of them. He would often spend hours reading and re-reading his favorite stories, marveling at the incredible feats of strength and bravery that Superman displayed.

The three friends would often go to comic book conventions together, where they would meet other fans and collectors. At one convention, they met an old man who was selling some of his rarest and most valuable comics. Pawbroon was especially excited to see that the man had a pristine copy of the first Superman comic ever published.

Pawbroon was determined to buy the comic, but he didn't have enough money with him at the time. His friends offered to lend him the money, but Pawbroon was reluctant to take their money. He didn't want to be a burden on them, and he wanted to prove that he could be responsible with his own money.

So, Pawbroon decided to save up his own money to buy the comic. He worked hard, and after several months, he had saved up enough money to buy the comic. When he finally brought it home and added it to his collection, he felt proud and happy.

His friends were proud of him too, and they celebrated his accomplishment. The three of them continued to be great friends, sharing their love of golden age comic books for many years to come.

+who is stronger, superman or batman
It's difficult to say who is stronger between Superman and Batman, as they have different powers and abilities. Superman is a superhuman alien with powers like super strength, super speed, and the ability to fly. Batman, on the other hand, is a human with no superhuman powers, but he is an expert martial artist and has access to advanced technology and weapons.

In terms of raw physical strength, Superman is likely the stronger of the two, as his powers allow him to lift incredibly heavy objects and withstand powerful blows. However, Batman's intelligence and tactical skills make him a formidable opponent, and he has been able to hold his own against Superman in many comic book and movie battles.

Ultimately, the question of who is stronger between Superman and Batman depends on the specific situation and the abilities each of them is able to bring to bear. In a physical showdown, Superman's superhuman strength would give him an advantage, but in a more complex and varied battle, Batman's intelligence and resourcefulness could help him emerge victorious.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.