in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

RIP Lou Mougin (darkmark)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: RIP Lou Mougin (darkmark)  (Read 1214 times)

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
RIP Lou Mougin (darkmark)
« on: January 03, 2023, 09:59:04 PM »

Hi everyone,
It's been reported on Facebook that Lou Mougin (darkmark) has passed away at age 68 (11.27.1954 - 12.31.2022).

Lou was a longtime member and big supporter of the sites.  He was also a prolific writer.  Rest in peace DM.

We talk about it on DCM at this post: https://tinyurl.com/2j6yj423

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
Re: RIP Lou Mougin (darkmark)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 09:56:34 AM »

Hi everyone,
It's been reported on Facebook that Lou Mougin (darkmark) has passed away at age 68 (11.27.1954 - 12.31.2022).

Lou was a longtime member and big supporter of the sites.  He was also a prolific writer.  Rest in peace DM.

We talk about it on DCM at this post: https://tinyurl.com/2j6yj423

-Yoc

Sorry to hear this terrible news.  He was too young.  He is well appreciated here for uploading so many great books, and for his vast knowledge of Golden Age comic books.  Condolences to his family and friends.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 01:37:28 PM »

Sad news.  What Robb writes goes for me too.
Lou's work in researching obscure Superheroes and masked mystery men was exceptional, and he scanned and provided great comics for all of us.
My thoughts are with his family and friends.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 07:00:29 PM »

Here's a nice detailed obit on Lou from CBR.com
https://tinyurl.com/2nwdr54e
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 10:41:59 PM »

I'm sorry to hear this. Lou was a major figure in Golden Age archaeology. My condolences to his family and friends.
ip icon Logged

K1ngcat

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 01:52:46 AM »

Very sorry to hear this, he was too young to go so suddenly. His work for comic lovers the world over will be forever appreciated. RIP darkmark.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 09:02:11 PM »

Another one good one gone too soon. His generous sharing was responsible for a good bit of my library. I didn't realize how deeply involved he was in the indexing and even writing for the industry. Such a loss for us all! Darkmark, I raise a glass to you- Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.