in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello  (Read 516 times)

billbill

message icon
Hello
« on: January 04, 2023, 07:33:35 PM »

Hi

I’m a big fun of comics. I started to read them in the middle of 70s and after 50 years still continue to fascinate me. My first contact was with two Spanish comics that edited in my country, “Capitan Trueno” and “El Jabato”. The first love is the deeper, but later I took in my hands equal amazing comics, like the Italian “Mister No” and the famous “Asterix”. I still love them, buying every new edition. The third period came with the magician Hugo Pratt and “Corto Malteze”, the “Torpedo”, Giardino, Billal, “Thorgal”, “Blake & Mortimer” etc. I hope that I’ll find here people for discussing about our passion.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 11:47:05 PM »

Welcome billbill!
Nice to have someone here who knows and can talk about European Comics. 
  later I took in my hands equal amazing comics, like the Italian “Mister No” and the famous “Asterix”. I still love them, buying every new edition. The third period came with the magician Hugo Pratt and “Corto Malteze”, the “Torpedo”, Giardino, Billal, “Thorgal”, “Blake & Mortimer” 

These are all great  comics but they are not PD [In the public domain] so we can talk about them, but we can't post them.
You will note that we have just uploaded a lot of PD Spanish comics and if you go to the Non-english section you will find other European comics, many of  which you may not have seen before.
May I ask you, which country are you from?
Welcome again, and please join in!
ip icon Logged

billbill

message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 12:04:21 AM »

Thanks for the welcoming!

I’m from Greece. Well, I’m here first of all for discussion, I have already all the comics that I want. I’m still exploring your site. There’re a lot of treasures around.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 12:10:38 AM »

I note that we don't have any comics from Greece. Has there been, or are there, Greek comics?

Cheers!
ip icon Logged

billbill

message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 12:30:35 AM »

Of course there’re many Greek comics, but I don’t know what happens with the public domain for uploading.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 05:32:14 PM »

Hello billbill.  Welcome to CB+
You display excellent taste in comics.  Absolutely classic Spanish creations in Capitan Trueno and El Jabato.
Mister No is a long running, much admired series.  There are a couple of specials (more?) drawn by Roberto Diso and they are very good.
But I love Corto, and most everything done by Pratt. 
I've just read again for the umpteenth time. La Marque Jaune, an exciting Blake and Mortimer tale.
Please join in the conversations.
ip icon Logged

ksisu53

message icon
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 12:40:29 PM »

Hello everyone, how are you doing?
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 01:18:41 PM »

Hello ksisu53, how are you doing?

Welcome to CB+. Please tell us about yourself. 
ip icon Logged

FraBig

message icon
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 02:00:02 PM »

Welcome to CB+! This is the perfect place for fans of old comics!

I haven't read any of the comics you mentioned, but I have heard about some of them. Especially Mister No and Corto Maltese. I'm from Italy so I read Italian comics from time to time: I'm a huge fan of Zagor, I don't know if you may have read some of his issues.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2023, 05:32:05 PM »

Welcome to CB+ ksisu53.  As Panther writes, please tell us a bit about yourself and which comics and characters you enjoy.  Lots to discover and read so go to it.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.