in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Disorganized Disabled Collector Needs Help

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Disorganized Disabled Collector Needs Help  (Read 497 times)

philahab

message icon
Disorganized Disabled Collector Needs Help
« on: March 15, 2023, 07:47:28 PM »

I don’t know if this is a question anyone can help with but I am desperate and I thought I would put it out there. First some background, I am a 59-year-old comic book collector who has been collecting comics and toys since I was bout 5 years old.  About 5 years back, I was seriously injured (I have one leg, my spine was fractured at the neck level, and the tendons of my right hand were damaged). While I have recovered from most of my physical injuries and am now able to work again, the accident and time out of work cost me a very deep financial cost that I still have not been able to fully recover from. Add to the fact that I have 2 kids in college and am the sole support for a family of 4 and you probably can get the picture. Selling off parts of my collection helped somewhat but frankly, my problem is that I am disorganized and never really cataloged my collection which I estimate to be about 2000 books, as well as toys and action figures, and includes items from the 1960’s to about 2010. Because of that, and just working to support my family, I never have time to organize and grade everything.

I live in the Grand Rapids, MI area and what I want to know is if there are any collectors looking for a large collection (I am willing to sell basically everything I have) who would be willing to spend the time to catalog what I have and make an offer. I recognize that is a big ask but my hope is that the collection is valuable enough to at least help minimize my current debt and get me back to financial stability.

Please don’t respond if you just want to mock my situation, tell me how stupid I am for not keeping better track of my collection, or are a con artist looking to rip me off. I always loved this community, and I am hoping that I can get responses from decent people who understand my situation and want to help. Thanks.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Disorganized Disabled Collector Needs Help
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 10:10:02 PM »

Well, philahab,
I hope you can contact someone who can help, but from Australia i'm afraid I can't be of much help. 
ip icon Logged

lyons

message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 11:36:05 AM »

Hi philahab

If you don't have a handle on your comics inventory, digitize your collection on the net to know your investment value.

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 02:15:17 PM »

Sorry philahab, I'm no use to you as I'm in Scotland.
I'm sorry to read of your plight and I hope you find the help you need.
ip icon Logged

RetroActive

message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 01:09:28 PM »

I’m relatively close (Fort Wayne) in a global sense

I may have a solution for you. Please feel free to message me directly and we can see if I can help
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 11:42:53 PM »

philahab,

To send RetroActive a personal message, click on the word balloon, left bottom of his post.
cheers!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.