in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 626 times)

Pop

message icon
Hello!
« on: April 04, 2023, 01:07:40 PM »

Hi! I'm Pop and I'm new to Comic Book Plus! I hope that digital comics can help keep vintage comics alive. I believe it's more important to have comics and back issues easily available for readers than it is to hoard rare comics for expensive resells. This site is a great opportunity to expose and share comic books and comic strips from the past so we can continue to make comics better and better in the present and the future! I'm looking forward to talking to all of you!!!
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 07:00:30 AM »

And Pop, we are looking forward to your talking with us.
Jump right in and have fun.
I'm sure you have something to add to the conversations.

Cheers!
ip icon Logged

Pop

message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 04:07:57 PM »

Thank you for the welcoming comment Australian Panther!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 04:17:36 PM »

Hello Pop and welcome to CB+
I believe you're right about keeping vintage comics alive. That's what we're trying to do.
Jump right in, dig around, and join in the conversations.
ip icon Logged

Pop

message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 11:59:10 AM »

Thanks Paw Broon! This is one of my favorite websites ever!!! I was also happy to see reprint comic books at Comic Con!
ip icon Logged

gregjh

message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 12:29:47 PM »

Hi! I'm Pop and I'm new to Comic Book Plus! I hope that digital comics can help keep vintage comics alive. I believe it's more important to have comics and back issues easily available for readers than it is to hoard rare comics for expensive resells. This site is a great opportunity to expose and share comic books and comic strips from the past so we can continue to make comics better and better in the present and the future! I'm looking forward to talking to all of you!!!

Good to have you here. I am sure that, like me, you will find this forum to be full of cool and welcoming people.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Pop

message icon
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 01:21:52 PM »

Thanks Gregjh for being cool and welcoming!!! Its great to be here!!!
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2023, 01:06:57 AM »

Welcome, Pop!  I'm sure that like me, you will enjoy hundreds, and perhaps, thousands of hours reading hundreds of Golden Age comic books that you've never seen before in this treasure trove of nostalgia for old people, like me, and the history of comic books for younger readers.  I admire and agree with your passion for wanting to keep current comic books relevant, and improve their quality. 
ip icon Logged

FraBig

message icon
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2023, 03:09:30 PM »

Welcome, Pop!
I agree with you that this site has a fundamentally important archival purpose and it surely helps people interested in old comics and comic book history like I am.
Hope you'll enjoy reading all these good comics that span from superheroes, to pulp, to cartoons.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 03:13:44 PM by FraBig »
ip icon Logged

Pop

message icon
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2023, 03:37:39 PM »

Thanks Robb_K!!! I'm showing this treasure trove of nostalgia to old and young people for thousands of hours reading Golden Age comic books!!! The younger people notice the variety of genres contained in Golden Age comics!!!
ip icon Logged

Pop

message icon
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2023, 03:51:07 PM »

Thanks FraBig!!! I'm learning comic book history and the variety of genres in Golden Age comic such as: Newspaper Comic Strips, cartoons, Science Fiction, Funny Animals, Westerns, Horror, Monsters, Spy Adventure and many more!!!   
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2023, 11:35:56 PM »

A welcome from me as well, Pop! The members of this group probably have the greatest collective knowledge of Golden Age comics one could hope to find. And what's even better, they are always willing to share! Cheers, bowers
ip icon Logged

Pop

message icon
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2023, 02:15:17 AM »

Thanks for the welcome Bowers! I'm happy to take in the greatest collective knowledge of Golden Age comics! Cheers!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.