in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hey y'all!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hey y'all!  (Read 701 times)

RoccoStarr

message icon
Hey y'all!
« on: April 22, 2023, 06:54:39 PM »

Hello everyone!
I'm Rocco, I'm from Germany and I've stumbled upon this lovely site/community while searching for public domain resources. I'm not a collector, more of an occasional reader, checking out different stuff here and there, but I love diving into the history of things (movies, music etc.) and so I can't wait to check out some of these comics from years gone by. It's always a fascinating time capsule and seeing the evolution of comics and the characteristics of their respective eras is something that's very intriguing to me.

I haven't been active on a classic forum for a while so this is kind of a throwback for me ;D
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Hey y'all!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 12:12:18 AM »

Welcome, Rocco! You'll find lots of history to dig into here. You might consider joining our Reading Group. Every couple of weeks we sample a different set of comics and share opinions and insights. It's a lot of fun.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 03:16:05 AM »

G'day and welcome Rocco!
  I haven't been active on a classic forum for a while so this is kind of a throwback for me 

I emphasise the 'Active' - lets hear from you, the more the merrier. Lots of History here too but mostly a lot of great reading and visualizing to do.

Cheers!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 04:18:35 PM »

Hello Rocco and welcome to CB+.  We all look forward to you joining in the conversations. 
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 01:26:04 PM »

Hello everyone! I'm Rocco, I'm from Germany ...

Hallo Rocco,

herzlich willkommen hier.  :)

Fast alle hier sind wohl Sammler, einschließlich meiner Person ;D . Deine Intention, in die Geschichte von Comics, Filmen etc. einzutauchen, kann ich voll und ganz nachvollziehen, für mich sind die Comics u.a. ebenso wichtig, wie die Geschichte dazu, die Zeitgeschichte eben und alle nur denkbaren Hintergrundinformationen. Vor allem die Werbung in den alten Comic ist oft unfreiwillig komisch und auf jeden Fall immer sehr informativ.

Es gibt hier auch viele alte Cartoonbücher und viele alte Zeitschriften und gerade die letzteren sind echte Zeitzeugen.

Beste Grüße from Germany  ;D

Mike

ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 07:22:48 AM »

Willkommen, Rocco.

Comickraut hat alles gesagt. Ich bin mir sicher, dass Ihnen diese fantastische Website gefallen wird. Ich freue mich darauf, Ihre Kommentare zu lesen!

p.s. - Ich habe 30 Jahren in München gewohnt, während ich für den Ehapa Verlag an Micky Maus Comics arbeitete.

Viele Grüße!

Robb K.
ip icon Logged

HauntedPunker

message icon
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 03:47:34 PM »

New dude who loves vintage horror comics!
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2023, 03:24:52 AM »

Hey HauntedPunker,
New dude who loves vintage horror comics!

Plenty of those here. Welcome. Jump in and enjoy!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2023, 04:20:11 PM »

Welcome to CB+ New dude.  As Panther says, "plenty of those here"
Lots of other genres so go to it.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.