in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello Readers...

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello Readers...  (Read 483 times)

Lydiatered

message icon
Hello Readers...
« on: April 26, 2023, 01:39:50 PM »

Hi All. New Member from Liverpool - UK. Really looking forward to exploring the site , love the pre code era and EC comics especially. Recently discovered the joys of colouring old pre code covers and searching for old Black and White images from the era. I try to keep to the original colouring when I can but also enjoy exploring with different schemes.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hello Readers...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 04:20:32 PM »

Welcome to CB+  Lydiatered.  We have other members from the UK, me included. 
Lots to discover and enjoy.  And please join in the conversations.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 07:51:38 AM »

Hi, New Member from Liverpool. Lots of Brit Comics and comic papers here.
You remind me. I spent some time in the UK, and was with a group of locals in London.
I made the mistake of calling them Liverpudlians when in fact, as they let me know sharpish,
they were Brummies!  
Jump in, enjoy! Be heard from!
Cheers!   
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 07:34:19 AM »

Welcome Lydiatered!
There are plenty of black and white entire books (other than their coloured front covers) from The Golden and Silver Ages, in the UK and "foreign" comics sections, for you to browse through.  I suppose there may even be some US black and white comic books as well (although I can't remember seeing any, offhand).  We also have a lot of black and white daily comic strips from those eras.  I'm sure you'll enjoy looking through the thousands of pages here. Unfortunately, we don't have many of The "Canadian Whites", because, unfortunately for many fans, most of them are still not in The Public Domain.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 08:51:30 AM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

Tyler Blake Art

message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 10:28:44 AM »

Welcome from a fellow newbie Lydiatered!  What's your process, are you coloring them  digitally or with  traditional media?  There's a way to take color images and remove everything but the black I can walk you through  if you like.   
ip icon Logged

Lydiatered

message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 04:28:00 PM »

Hi Tyler - apologies for not getting back sooner.
I mainly use pencils (PolyChromos) but have also played with Watercolour pencil and markers, along with a couple of attempts with Gouache. It would be good to know how to take a colour imabe=ge back to black and white. I appreciate the offer.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.