in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 185 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Whats coming down the pipe.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Whats coming down the pipe.  (Read 5052 times)

Mindshadow

• VIP
message icon
Whats coming down the pipe.
« on: August 16, 2010, 03:31:11 PM »

So what are you planing to upload in the near future?
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
Re: Whats coming down the pipe.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 04:07:08 PM »

I am working on scanning a Dearfield Publications Red Rabbit #15 (30-something pages into a 52 page book), and have Fawcett's Captain Midnight #53, Fiction House's Wambi #16 and some others on deck.

I am hoping to have those all get out the door quickly, because JVJ has graced me with a box of his treasures to scan, and I had him send me Fiction House's Fight Comics.  Too many issues to list here, the group of books will let me turn a bunch of scans that are already on site into c2c pieces, and others will in-fill a lot of gaps in that collection.   I can't express HOW...EXCITED...I am about that.  ;D

Plus, narfstar had asked me to edit a bunch of stuff that I have downloaded as raws, so I am cocked, locked, and ready to rock!

p.s. - JVJ also gave me a lesson in Photoshop that has delivered a quantum leap in my edit quality. Hold onto your hats!

ip icon Logged

Mindshadow

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »

Hi, builderboy do you have ether issue 3 or 5 of Fight Comics? Are any of others Chesler's, Harvey's, Holyoke's, Lev Gleason's, Magazine Enterprises, or Croydon Publishing? Also what will you edit?   
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 07:42:26 PM »

Hi, builderboy do you have ether issue 3 or 5 of Fight Comics? Are any of others Chesler's, Harvey's, Holyoke's, Lev Gleason's, Magazine Enterprises, or Croydon Publishing? Also what will you edit?   

I have a list that I can pull out later tonight of the Fights that are presumably coming my way.  That will be my sole focus for a while, as I am not a speedy scanner (I edit as I scan, tho I may wish to rethink this approach).

I had been helping narfstar for a bit when he had a box of JVJ's Centaurs.  I think narf is working with moondude at this moment for his editing needs. Right now, I am scanning and editing a handful of books that I managed to pick up on my own (Target v4 01 is up, Red Rabbit #15 is next), but I am open to helping others.
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 08:10:11 PM »

I used to edit while I scanned, but now I tend not to.  When I get a box from Jim, I try to scan the comics first so I can send them back.  Of course it also helps since LoftyPilot has been editing a lot for me.

The drawback to this scheme is making sure you didn't skip a page in scanning while you still have the comics.
ip icon Logged

Mindshadow

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 12:59:11 AM »

Anyone else have near-future uploads they'd like to talk about?   
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 01:17:01 AM »

I got my box of mixed books. It will be awhile before I get to as school just started back. Also it has been unbearably hot outside. I like to bring the scanner out on our screened in back porch and leasurely scan away. It has got to cool down before that is possible.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 01:24:17 AM »

Those were the broken binder books you asked for, narf? For ease of scanning?  I envy you. I will be a Nervous Nelly handling somebody else's books.  It'll be like tip-toeing through a mine field.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 01:35:04 AM »

It would be really hard if Jim was not so great about it. He does not even bag his comics so they are meant to be read and enjoyed. He is aware of the wear and tear and age his books already have. We all take as good a care as we can with the books and treat them as if they were our own (or better than our own.) Some of his books have been in pretty good shape so those do make me a little more nervous. One good reason for picking the binder books  ;)
ip icon Logged

Mindshadow

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 03:08:18 AM »

Narfstar what uploads will you be putting on this sites?
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 07:16:51 PM »

Here's what went into the mail today for BuilderBoy:
Jet Aces: 1,2,4
Jumbo Comics: 71,73,80,87,90,91,93,148,153
Jungle Comics: 11,12,42
Movie Comics: 2,4
Rangers Comics: 33,37,42,44,48,50,55,57,59,62,63,66
War Birds: 1
Wings Comics: 9,12,17,87-90,92-96,100

Please don't ask about Fight Comics right now as I can't figure out where they are. Sorry to be in such disarray. You'd think I could handle a little record keeping?

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 08:18:08 PM »

Here is what I will be working on as soon as the temperature and school settle down

Champ 19
Dynamic 23
Fighting Marines 3
Front Page 1
Liberty Scouts 2 Cent
Master 42   Faw
Military 19   Qua
Mystery Men 11
Power Comics 1
Rangers 18,21  FH
Red Seal 14
Santa Claus Funnies 2
Skyrocket 1
Thrilling 36     b
Toyland 3
ip icon Logged

Mindshadow

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »

Here is what I will be working on as soon as the temperature and school settle down

Champ 19
Dynamic 23
Fighting Marines 3
Front Page 1
Liberty Scouts 2 Cent
Master 42   Faw
Military 19   Qua
Mystery Men 11
Power Comics 1
Rangers 18,21  FH
Red Seal 14
Santa Claus Funnies 2
Skyrocket 1
Thrilling 36     b
Toyland 3

Thats great but what order are you doing them in?
ip icon Logged

jcalamil

message icon
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 01:07:48 AM »

can someone upload Red Rabbit comics starting from # 12? thanks
ip icon Logged

jcalamil

message icon
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 11:28:36 PM »

I need to download
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 03:52:35 AM »

ip icon Logged

jcalamil

message icon
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 11:52:13 PM »

does anybody have Holiday comics animals on parade # 7?
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 01:01:41 PM »

Builderboy, did you ever manage to get to that Captain Midnight #53? I remember being pretty excited about that one...  :)

KB
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.