in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Dell 4 color Johnny Mack Brown

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Dell 4 color Johnny Mack Brown  (Read 4637 times)

RRL

• VIP
message icon
Dell 4 color Johnny Mack Brown
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:47:13 PM »

I have scans of two Johnny Mack Brown four colors 834 & 922 from '57 &'58 I was wondering if these are allowed. I know it said not to upload Dell stuff because some was not PD. However, I noticed you had all the other issues except these two. I have not uploaded anything before and am not sure how to go about it. If these books are ok I would like to make them available on your website.
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Dell 4 color Johnny Mack Brown
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 05:59:30 PM »

Actually there are a few more missing from the site of that series: #541, 584, 618, 645, 685, 722, 776, 834.

Number #922 has Russ Manning art in it by the way.

Geo
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 06:24:13 PM »

narfstar or jonthescanner will chime in, but I know these scans would come in handy.

B.

I have scans of two Johnny Mack Brown four colors 834 & 922 from '57 &'58 I was wondering if these are allowed. I know it said not to upload Dell stuff because some was not PD. However, I noticed you had all the other issues except these two. I have not uploaded anything before and am not sure how to go about it. If these books are ok I would like to make them available on your website.
ip icon Logged

RRL

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 12:55:05 AM »

I think I managed to upload the dell 4color Johnny Mack Browns alright. I also have a good size batch of Ben Bowie and His Mountain Men issues four colors & the continuing series. Are these in PD? I noticed there didn't seem to be any on GAC. If they are ok let me know and I will Upload them. Let me know if the Johnny Mack Browns were uploaded correctly, if not please refer me to some uploading instructions. Thanks.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 01:03:09 AM »

I think I managed to upload the dell 4color Johnny Mack Browns alright. I also have a good size batch of Ben Bowie and His Mountain Men issues four colors & the continuing series. Are these in PD? I noticed there didn't seem to be any on GAC. If they are ok let me know and I will Upload them. Let me know if the Johnny Mack Browns were uploaded correctly, if not please refer me to some uploading instructions. Thanks.

I do not see them in the system. Did you hit the "confirm" button after each upload? OY!
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

RRL

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 04:10:01 AM »

What confirm button? It said file would be uploaded after selecting 'preview'. I did this & my modem started flashing and the spinning ring on the explorer tab appeared but no 'confirm' button ever appeared. I'm assuming I put "www.goldenagecomics.co.uk" in the download URL field of the form, if not what do I put there?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 04:37:23 AM »

What confirm button? It said file would be uploaded after selecting 'preview'. I did this & my modem started flashing and the spinning ring on the explorer tab appeared but no 'confirm' button ever appeared. I'm assuming I put "www.goldenagecomics.co.uk" in the download URL field of the form, if not what do I put there?

This will answer your questions and explain what I meant.
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1133.msg9787.html#msg9787

B.
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 03:53:15 PM »

Essentially all of the Dell Four Colors (second series) have been scanned.  There are only 4 or 5 out of 1300 missing.  Dell4C, King Faraday, and a bunch of others of us scanned most of those 3-5 years ago, but I have little idea on which are PD.
ip icon Logged

RRL

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »

I went to the link that Boox posted for me and thought the problem stemmed from the fact that they were in .cbr format so I changed them to .rar, still no good, tried extracting the jpegs and converting to .cbz but every time when the uploading finished I got this: 
Error: No file uploads of this type are allowed. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
Call stack is 4 deep.
[004] :  : files.php(line 1030) -- func->error( No file uploads of this type are allowed )
[003] :  : files.php(line 38) -- files->upload( [None] )
[002] :  : files.php(line 9) -- files->files( [None] )
[001] :  : index.php(line 234) -- require( files.php )
[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

No matter what format I try to upload the books in it says file uploads of this type are not allowed.
JonTheScanner says they've already been scanned but I couldn't find them on GAC so I thought I would try to upload them anyway. I guess I'll just give up,sorry. ???
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 10:16:38 PM »

I went to the link that Boox posted for me and thought the problem stemmed from the fact that they were in .cbr format so I changed them to .rar, still no good, tried extracting the jpegs and converting to .cbz but every time when the uploading finished I got this: 
Error: No file uploads of this type are allowed. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

Call stack is 4 deep.
[004] :  : files.php(line 1030) -- func->error( No file uploads of this type are allowed )
[003] :  : files.php(line 38) -- files->upload( [None] )
[002] :  : files.php(line 9) -- files->files( [None] )
[001] :  : index.php(line 234) -- require( files.php )

No matter what format I try to upload the books in it says file uploads of this type are not allowed.
JonTheScanner says they've already been scanned but I couldn't find them on GAC so I thought I would try to upload them anyway. I guess I'll just give up,sorry. ???

Did you try a zip? I haven't had any problems with uploading a zip...I'm really sorry things are wacky on this.

B.
ip icon Logged

RRL

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 02:23:11 PM »

Well, I tried uploading a zip file and it worked. After my name, under author, I put origin unknown because I didn't do the scanning. A friend gave me a disc containing some dell western titles and any that I find that are missing from the collections on your site I will try to upload. I'll make sure they are all pre-'59 before I send them. Thanks for everything.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.