in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 191 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Creating a new open source and public domain comic book universe.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Creating a new open source and public domain comic book universe.  (Read 259 times)

mikegagnon

Hey there guys. My name is Mike. I'm a longtime user, first time wading into the forums to communicate with others. I'm very shy and reserved, mostly due to experiences with online stalkers.

Aanywho, I've been working on creating a grass-roots, ground up comic book universe comprised of public domain, creative commons and open source characters. That means anyone can create their own creative projects that take place in this universe.

I'm one guy and it's a massive undertaking, so it's going to take a lot of community support to be successful.

I'm used to being attacked online and a once bitten twice shy kind of thing, so I don't want to come in here and ask anything of anyone or try to pretend that I am as involved in the community as the people I've been reading and watching take part in the community for some time.

I am a comics and entertainment professional with over 20 years of experience, I've worked for Marvel, Dark Horse and many more.

These days most of my art is digital, created with a blend of CGI and digital illustration with programs like Daz3D, Inkscape, etc.

So, if you are interested or have comments please feel free to send them here or chat me up for more details.

I'm worried that even adding my link here might be bad form, so I'll leave it to another helpful member to comment on whether I should or not.

Hope to hear from all of fellow comics lovers in the near future!

Thanks for your time,

Mike
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.