in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hi. New at the site.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hi. New at the site.  (Read 225 times)

aversiahora

message icon
Hi. New at the site.
« on: December 12, 2023, 01:37:30 AM »

Hi, everybody. I'm totally new at the site. I found this place looking for Miss Fury comics.

I've just started lurking a bit and I'm really surprised. There is a great and very special work. It's no easy to find many of the stuff you, guys, have got here. It was quite hard to me to achieve the Fawcett's Captain Marvel comics a few years ago... and here there are all (seems so) of them.

Thank you for the work and for let me in.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Hi. New at the site.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 06:55:55 AM »

Hi aversiahora, and welcome.

Plenty to see and do here. I've been on CB+ a number of years now, and there are still corners I'm not familiar with. And then the archives keep being added to. 

It was quite hard to me to achieve the Fawcett's Captain Marvel comics a few years ago... and here there are all (seems so) of them.

Actually, they are not all here. A few years ago, when the DC 'SHAZAM' ,movie came out, lawers got in tough with us and made us take down some Fawcett titles, but, as you can see, not all of them. So enjoy what we have.
Also everything here is believed to be PD - in  the public domain, so nothing much after about 1962 and no Marvel, DC or King comics.
But we have more than enough.
So, welcome and enjoy!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 05:19:05 PM »

Welcome to CB+ aversiahora.  Miss Fury has had some terrible things perpetrated on her in relatively recent times.
The 4 part series from Adventure Comics (art by Mitch Byrd) is seedy.  As I'm not a big fan of Dynamite, I haven't had a look at their take on Miss Fury, although I doubt it'll bear much relation to the Tarpe Mills version.
(I have to admit that due to my terrible taste, those 4 Adventure Comics issues are in my collection) :-[

Anyway, enjoy the comics and please join in the conversations.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 12:48:18 AM »

Miss Fury has had some terrible things perpetrated on her in relatively recent times.
As I'm not a big fan of Dynamite, I haven't had a look at their take on Miss Fury,

You are correct, Paw. I have had a lot at some of Dynamite's recreation, and I seriously doubt that they actually read the source material. Dynamite's work on this character is not bad. It's dreadful.     

The 4 part series from Adventure Comics (art by Mitch Byrd) is seedy.

Haven't seen that, I will have to look out for it.   
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 04:57:39 AM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

aversiahora

message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 04:00:32 AM »

Ja ja ja. Well... Dynamite has great covers... Some inner art is great, also. As in Project Superpowers and a few others. It's their thing.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.