in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Quantum Leap

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Quantum Leap  (Read 237 times)

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Quantum Leap
« on: January 31, 2024, 10:11:35 AM »

Quantum Leap.
I had never watched Quantum Leap - I was familiar with it and had watched 10 or 15 minutes of it at times, but that's it.
Recently I got hold of a box set of Season #1.
Thought I would watch that tonight.
But I thought I would check YouTube first, to see if there were any episodes there.
Nope. But there were bits of the new Quantum Leap show - yes, there is a new Quantum Leap show.
This show isn't bad. It it's appalling, it's disgusting, it's disgraceful. But worse, it's so bad it's insulting.
It goes without saying that it is woke, In this case, that's like saying that Humpty Dumpty is an egg.
I'm trained as a primary school teacher. A 5 year-old could hand me a piece of writing 100 % better than what these actors are having to sprout.  I'm not even going to link to the YouTube material. I have too much respect for you all, than that.
So, then, I put on the Pilot episode (of of the original series.)
WOW! How good is this! I don't think I've ever watch a pilot/origin as good as this.
Visually very powerful and cool intro. You are hooked immediately.
[Spoilers] Immediately after the into and no explanation given for it], We are in 1956 with a group of test pilots.
This must have had a huge budget, because it compares favorably with 'The Right Stuff' believe it or not.
And who was the director? Guy by the name of David Hemmings
Just how has modern Hollywood managed to get so woefully bad as this new series?
I'm hooked now on the original series. The quality may not stay this high, but I'd rather watch a test pattern than the new show.     
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.