in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Captain Marvel (M.F.)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Captain Marvel (M.F.)  (Read 3162 times)

misterxus

• VIP
message icon
Captain Marvel (M.F.)
« on: September 25, 2010, 05:37:21 AM »

Both of the "Captain Marvel Presents the Terrible 5" comics by jodyanimator give a "This archive is not a valid Zip archive" error in CDisplay. I re-downloaded both comics one-at-a-time (as before) with the same result. I tried opening the files in FilZip and got "Error while reading end of central directory" and "Input file does not exist" messages. I then tried opening the files with Tugzip and it showed the individual .jpg files actually do exist but won't extract to a new folder and when I try to open the individual pages in preview mode, I get the error message "the system cannot find the path specified." I read some of the other topics on unreadable files and made sure my file extensions are showing and that there are no double extensions. My OS is Windows XP. I hope this message is detailed enough to help you solve the problem.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Captain Marvel (M.F.)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 04:52:31 PM »

Moved the bad files out will contact Jodyanimator to try and get good copies
ip icon Logged

misterxus

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the efforts of the scanners, moderators and the Golden Age Comics site itself for providing such an invaluable resource.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 08:56:50 PM »

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the efforts of the scanners, moderators and the Golden Age Comics site itself for providing such an invaluable resource.

I am in a state of shock that I did not download these issues...I don't have 'em.  :o :o What's up with that?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 04:14:46 AM »

I have originals of the whole series but if someone else has already scanned them great. Hope Jodyanimator replaces the bad uploads
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 01:14:20 AM »

The only Marvel I read is Avengers Academy. I stopped many years ago. So I am unaware of the going on of Captain America
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.