in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,818 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Moving (House to House)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Moving (House to House)  (Read 3850 times)

CharlieRock

• VIP
message icon
Moving (House to House)
« on: September 29, 2010, 04:04:06 PM »

I'm moving soon(ish). The Charlie household will soon be different.
Some good things (I'm looking forward to): The New House (still renegotiating but fairly certain) is going to have an extra room and MrsCharlie agreed it can be my Library. It's basically a 10x10 bedroom with a window and a small closet but I want to put all my bookcases in there as well as get more bookcases to keep all my books on. The Closet will either hide my desk (and desktop computer) or maybe another bookcase. The house is decent price and nice neighborhood.
The Nerve-Wracking Things: The New House does need a new roof which will be on before close although I'm not sure how it will be paid. I hate financing long term but I wanted to pay off some debts with the close of the old house. It's not looking like I can do both. Roof being a necessity I guess the old debts will move in with me to the new house. Also the renegotiations are stretching out quite a bit longer then I thought endangering my move-in date. Gotta clear out of the old house but the new loan may not have had enough time to get underwritten.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Moving (House to House)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 12:55:37 AM »

Congratulations on the new house and good luck hope all goes through smoothly
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 10:07:51 AM »

It's nerve wracking! If it needs a new roof, get it fixed sooner than later and if it can be paid up front or at least the bulk of it up front so much the better. One thing I've learned is that the only thing predictable in life is unpredictability. Make sure the home inspector is trustworthy. Ours wasn't. I've been in my house for ten years and we've had to replace the roof, kitchen floor and cabinets, well pump, furnace, hot water heater, septic tank, oil tank, and tiling in bathroom.
ip icon Logged

CharlieRock

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 12:50:37 PM »

Thanks, guys. I'll update this thread with stories of the joy of moving and hopefully convey the sheer genius women have when determining where furniture goes.
ip icon Logged

CharlieRock

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 06:45:27 PM »

Augh! Still waiting on the appraisal report. About a week late because the Seller's agent on the new house didn't meet with the appraisor when she was supposed to so the appraisor rescheduled for a week later.

All I want to know is where did she have to go that was more important then her commision/job when the house market is as slow as it is ...
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 12:31:20 AM »

We liked first house we saw except there was a problem with the septic tank. We had already put monet down on the house before the inspection but after the issue of the septic came up the seller backed out and said they weren't going to fix it. We asked for our money back and they refused. We had to get a lawyer involved in order to get the money back. That's when they said they would fix it but my wife and I said "uh, no thanks!"
ip icon Logged

CharlieRock

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 01:50:53 AM »

That's a major bummer, Astaldo. Those are usually clear cut breach of contract when they try to keep your deposit but back off your post-inspection offer.

Well, our appraisal report came in. Gotta wrestle with insurance agents to get Verification now. Fun, fun!
ip icon Logged

CharlieRock

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 02:42:17 PM »

Finally finished!  :o

Took about a day and a half. Managed to get all my books into one room and discovered I need about three more bookshelves. lol
Had the mandatory cookout w/ beer and friends. Good times!  ;D

May be a month or longer before I get the shelves I need since we are replacing the furnace and that sucked up all my disposable income.  :-\

P.S. The VA decided to screw with me a mere two days before closing when they decided that my DD-214 was the wrong one. I had reenlisted and my most recent 214 had all my time on it but only listed my reserve time in the little boxes. It also had listed my active duty time as "Prior Years Active Service" but the VA does not look at that when they decide if you are eligible ofr a home loan. So I had to literally jump out of my hip pocket and find the old 214 with only my active duty on it so that those years would be listed as my enlistment period.  >:(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 02:50:44 PM by CharlieRock »
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 03:36:12 PM »

Finally finished!  :o

Took about a day and a half. Managed to get all my books into one room and discovered I need about three more bookshelves. lol
Had the mandatory cookout w/ beer and friends. Good times!  ;D

May be a month or longer before I get the shelves I need since we are replacing the furnace and that sucked up all my disposable income.  :-\

P.S. The VA decided to screw with me a mere two days before closing when they decided that my DD-214 was the wrong one. I had reenlisted and my most recent 214 had all my time on it but only listed my reserve time in the little boxes. It also had listed my active duty time as "Prior Years Active Service" but the VA does not look at that when they decide if you are eligible ofr a home loan. So I had to literally jump out of my hip pocket and find the old 214 with only my active duty on it so that those years would be listed as my enlistment period.  >:(

Glad the move went well and the DD issue worked out!  :)
ip icon Logged

CharlieRock

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 01:37:52 PM »

Thanks, Boox. I didn't have a back-up plan so I would have been left hanging if that deal didn't go through.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 02:04:51 PM »

I thought your social security number would be enough to pull up all your records. Too easy a way to do things for the government
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 02:16:10 PM »

I thought your social security number would be enough to pull up all your records. Too easy a way to do things for the government

Government incompetence is just a clever cover for "Big Brother".  ;)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.