in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

DIZZY DAMES 002

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: DIZZY DAMES 002  (Read 2218 times)

CreepysFan

• VIP
message icon
DIZZY DAMES 002
« on: October 02, 2010, 06:19:54 AM »

I tried to read Dizzy Dames 002 after downloading it, and got a "Corrupt Files" message.
ip icon Logged

CreepysFan

• VIP
message icon
Re: DIZZY DAMES 002
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 07:03:08 AM »

The only issues of Dizzy Dames that I haven't recieved an "Corrupt Files" warning on are issues #1 and #3.  WARNING: All the others made my screen flash when I tried to open them.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 07:06:05 AM by CreepysFan »
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 07:20:29 PM »

I just downloaded Dizzy Dames #5.  It came fine.  It extracted completely without any flashing or error messages. All of the pages are there and none are corrupt.  I'm sorry but whatever problem you are having seems to be at your end.  What program did you use to try to open them, a reader?  Have you tried extracting the files and recompressing them?  Sometimes there are PC vs mac incompatibilities in compressions
ip icon Logged

CreepysFan

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 11:26:08 PM »

Since I have Windows XP, I use Comical to read the comics. The ones I can't automatically read, I use WinRAR to convert so I can.  Usually this works, but it didn't on those for me. I even tried as a final measure the "repair archive" with WinRAR. I think I just can't read ZIP files I'm guessing at this point, since those seem to be the only ones I'm having problems with. Any help and advice on this situation would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.  Thank you.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 03:02:10 AM »

Have you tried CDislplayEX? It's bare bones but seems to work for everyone. I used it on my XP computer and now I have Windows 7 and it works fine with that. ComicRack is another one but it has so many options it can be a bit imtimidating.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 10:42:35 AM »

I use CDisplay and it works. I'm still using XP. I also installed 7-Zip 'cos it's free and unpacks any zipped up file I encounter, simply and easily.  That said, I've recently had a bit of trouble opening, and had the same error messages you've had, after downloading a couple of foreign titles from a new site I found.  Nothing dubious in the downloads as I scan them with Avast and Threatfire - they just don't open.  Don't have any trouble nowadays with comics from GAC.
ComicRack had so much stuff going on with it that I dumped it.  But I get confused easily.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 01:51:38 PM »

It's not you - while I like ComicRack it does have too many features. I just find out how to get it running the way I want and leave it alone. eComic is good to and made by one of our members.
ip icon Logged

CreepysFan

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »

;D Thanks to everyone here for the help and suggestions. I can now read every comic from the site. This site has the greatest bunch of people anywhere. I appeciate the help. Thanks again.  ;D
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.