in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,818 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

New copyright Bill C-32(in Canada)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: New copyright Bill C-32(in Canada)  (Read 1706 times)

comicOD

message icon
New copyright Bill C-32(in Canada)
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:57:24 AM »

Hey everyone! Been a while.

I'd like to know what other Canucks like myself think of this new
copyright bill. Do you feel it's too anti-consumer like I do?

If downloading for fair use becomes illegal, at least I'll still have
this place to go, due to the comics being public domain.
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
Re: New copyright Bill C-32(in Canada)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 05:14:39 AM »

On several occasions I've attempted to provide links to PDF files of books which are in the Public Domain by US law to friends in the UK or New Zealand, but they found that they were blocked from downloading the files in their region because these were still under UK copyrights.
ip icon Logged

comicOD

message icon
Re: New copyright Bill C-32(in Canada)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 10:53:18 PM »

On several occasions I've attempted to provide links to PDF files of books which are in the Public Domain by US law to friends in the UK or New Zealand, but they found that they were blocked from downloading the files in their region because these were still under UK copyrights.

Interesting. Our new bill that's going through a committee process right now, with the Conservative party(
majority leader) and the opposition parties (Liberals, NDP New democrat party, and the Bloc Quebecois ( party
mostly for the Province of Quebec's interests. It's pretty anti consumer.

A Canadian professor of law, Michael Geist, gives everyone a head's up onto what's happening.

It's too bad your friends in the UK and NZ aren't able to download the files your sending them. Hopefully
something can be done about that.

www.michaelgeist.ca

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.