in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Greetings from Napa, CA, USA

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Greetings from Napa, CA, USA  (Read 2381 times)

dr dmd

• VIP
message icon
Greetings from Napa, CA, USA
« on: December 29, 2010, 12:19:30 AM »

Hello everyone. I love the comics, and especially on the iPad. What a great way to enjoy the classics.

I live in Napa, CA, USA, famous for our wines, as you may know. I teach French to teens to make a living. I live with my wonderful wife of 26 years. Our 2 sons are away at university. In my spare time, I grow orchids, and read voraciously anything I can. How about you?

Thanks for this wonderful site. I look forward to participating.

all the best,

dr dmd
aka - Don
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Greetings from Napa, CA, USA
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 12:23:15 AM »

Hello everyone. I love the comics, and especially on the iPad. What a great way to enjoy the classics.

I live in Napa, CA, USA, famous for our wines, as you may know. I teach French to teens to make a living. I live with my wonderful wife of 26 years. Our 2 sons are away at university. In my spare time, I grow orchids, and read voraciously anything I can. How about you?

Thanks for this wonderful site. I look forward to participating.

all the best,

dr dmd
aka - Don

Welcome aboard. I'm setting you up for downloading right now. Your log-in info is the same for the Download site as it is for the forum, and we ask that you download one file at a time.

Regards,
B.
ip icon Logged

dr dmd

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:29:52 PM »

Thanks for setting me up, B! Much appreciated.

cheers,
Don
ip icon Logged

dr dmd

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:30:32 AM »

Love the site, and learning how it all works. I realized yesterday I made a mistake and downloaded more than one file at a time for a moment or tow - so sorry, it won't happen again. I didn't see how I could know when the files were done until it was too late. My apologies! I hope to upload a few things for you as well. We'll see how that works!

cheers,
Don
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 03:58:34 AM »

It looks like you did not go too wild Don.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

dr dmd

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 01:21:23 AM »

Well, thanks for that, but I still feel badly for it, and won't let it happen again. Also, I am confused about 2 things - what date of the month does the reset happen? Apparently it is not the 1st of the month since my account did not reset on 1 February. Also, I wanted to upload something, tried, but could not do so - apparently one cannot upload CBZ or CBR files, right? Is there a conversion utility to change a file from these formats to the correct type? I thought I read the upload instructions correctly, but I must be missing something.

thanks again for the site! I am ready for more comics once my account resets.

cheers,
Don
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 01:43:50 AM »

Well, thanks for that, but I still feel badly for it, and won't let it happen again. Also, I am confused about 2 things - what date of the month does the reset happen? Apparently it is not the 1st of the month since my account did not reset on 1 February. Also, I wanted to upload something, tried, but could not do so - apparently one cannot upload CBZ or CBR files, right? Is there a conversion utility to change a file from these formats to the correct type? I thought I read the upload instructions correctly, but I must be missing something.

thanks again for the site! I am ready for more comics once my account resets.

cheers,
Don

The "HERE'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO START DOWNLOADING!" post is located at: http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2234.msg25664.html#msg25664

How do I view .cbr or .cbz files? (FAQ)
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,10.0.html

All your questions (hopefully) and I will go ahead and reset you.

B.
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 01:58:42 AM »

"Also, I wanted to upload something, tried, but could not do so - apparently one cannot upload CBZ or CBR files, right? Is there a conversion utility to change a file from these formats to the correct type? I thought I read the upload instructions correctly, but I must be missing something."

cheers,
Don

At this time you cannot upload from the download site, you have to upload it to the ftp only at this time. Ask Boox for the details and software needed to do so.  Good luck.

Geo
ip icon Logged

dr dmd

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 01:36:06 AM »

Thanks for resetting my account. I have no questions about downloading, just uploading. I will follow your note when I have some free time to try it out! Thanks again.
ip icon Logged

dr dmd

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 01:48:18 AM »

I sent you 10$ yesterday via PayPal - hopefully you have received it w/o a problem. When you get a chance, perhaps you would rest me again? I downloaded 4 comics, one a a time, but it reset me to 0 already. Not sure why so quickly, but no problem. I enjoy the site, and glad to do a bit to help out. Cheers, Don
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 01:59:33 AM »

You are now upgraded to VIP dr dmd so you should be able to download
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.