in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Size limits on uploads?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Size limits on uploads?  (Read 3321 times)

stopper75

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: stopper75
message icon
Size limits on uploads?
« on: November 05, 2006, 07:49:06 PM »

Is there a size limit on individual uploads?  I had a few issues previously with file sizes exceeding 31MB and getting error messages of files too large.

I'm noticing now several files in the 40MB range.  Did something change and if there is a file size limit, what is it?

Thanks
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
Re: Size limits on uploads?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 08:43:14 PM »

I have set it to 80MB, problem is thou there are alot of factors that can affect a upload esp if its a large file via your browser so it can time out, php can cause issues etc.

What we recommend is that if you know how to use FTP you contact us for a FTP account so you can upload the comics to our FTP. Using FTP gives greater control over the upload process and there is no upload limit on the files.

If you wish to have a FTP account PM either me or Aussie
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 04:16:13 AM »

Not being technically minded, from personal experience when attempting to upload the site seems to dislike large rar or cbr files, it will quite happily accept a cbz file over 40Mb. Drove me nuts one day trying to upload a large cbr file, it would take around 40 minutes to get around to telling me the file was to large  ::)  After the 4th attempt at changing the settings to see if l could upload it l gave up and repacked it as a cbz just to see what would happen, had no problem
ip icon Logged

stopper75

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: stopper75
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 12:36:54 AM »

Thanks.  I'll try the cbz option first.  I've used ftp before and have the software necessary but it's been a while.

Thanks
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 01:25:24 PM »

If I get chance ill try to put together a FTP help tutorial/guide on how to set it up and how to upload etc.

What FTP programs you use just so i know?
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.