in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

pulps

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: pulps  (Read 2251 times)

dave_r

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: dave_r
message icon
pulps
« on: February 27, 2007, 01:31:28 PM »

a month back, i started a yahoo groups to try and bring together any scanned pulp magazines that are out there. so far we've gathered about 20 - cover to cover.

however, there's some discussion about which on-line storage system to use and i wondered if there was any synergy between my group and this one. would it make sense to post pulps here, given that many golden age fans read both kinds of books?

you're all welcome at groups.yahoo.com/group/pulpscans/ is there a way to work together here to increase preservation efforts?

dave
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
Re: pulps
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 11:00:03 PM »

Although it would make sense to have the pulps as well for the time being we will just be concentrating on comics, once we have all them sorted out and know we will have the available space Serj might consider widening our collection to include pulps
ip icon Logged

citaltras

• VIP
message icon
Re: pulps
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:09:04 AM »

however, there's some discussion about which on-line storage system to use and i wondered if there was any synergy between my group and this one. would it make sense to post pulps here, given that many golden age fans read both kinds of books?

Dave, Thanks for the invitation to join your pulp group on Yahoo. I have downloaded some
of your pulp scans and find then of better quality than the average of comic books scans.
I wonder if pdf  would not be a better format for these pulp scans sice there are few pictures on them.

I have also found out that some of the scan files do not exist anymore, particularly those stored on
yousenit.com  ("The file associated with this link has expired").
I find  file-exchange servers very useful for short-time sharing, but obviously not for purposes of storage due to the short mean-life of the files.

Citaltras
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.